How Did You Get Yours.....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
just a bit of fun (and a huge amount of curiosity) - i want to know how you all came up with your USER NAMES...some are obvious, the names of companies etc - but what about the rest? Tell all, how did YOUR user name come about... :D

My name is David but to everyone that knows me calls me Dee. My partners name is Jason (Jay). I have been in the industry for just a year and he was so supportive during my training (letting me polish his nails, nail extensions) that when I came onto the site I just picked Jaydee. He still lets me practice on him now. You should see us at home, a right pair of old Queens wearing pink and whites. Lol
Dee

Hi,

My name is Teresa but that was already taken so I used my name and added Jay at the end Jason is my husbands name so I took the Jay bit off and added iton. We do this with our other user names for online shopping and our email is a mixture of the two, but looking back I did not really think about it when I registered and now I wished Id picked something different as Teresajay sounds abit naff I think.:o

Because 'Nail Dork' sounded pants :)

i used to be Love OPI cause i loved there polish but then i did Star Nails training and Mrs Geek came up with the idea of a name change to I'm a Star and it just sounded so cool so i asked The Nail Geek and i got my new name I'm a Star :D

This thread is making me laugh already! It could be amusing.... :lol:

Once apon a time, a young girl was far too fond of dying her hair.
One day, in yet another attempt to become a blonde (somebody told her they had more fun, and she had already been brunette, black, red, and various unnatural colours of the rainbow), after a losing battle with a bottle of bleach, the young girl's hair turned somewhat a shade of ginger.
The next day at college the young girl's best friend thought it would be highly amusing to stick a picture of Geri Halliwell to her locker, and hence the name 'Geri'. Where the 'Bimbo' part came from.... well, I'd like to dispute it but I'm not sure I'd win :)
Lol x

pmsl - GMG my user name is so boring, can I change it and if so how, cos I'd like to be Sassy Hassy (from my name Sarah Haslam)! Need to make me look less of an old bird than I really am! If you can change it and have the time I'd be really grateful.
The Nail Geek said:
Because 'Nail Dork' sounded pants :)

Hows fast is that for being a Nail Dork ;)

impressed...this'll open the flood gates...we'll all be changing our user names :D

The Nail Geek said:
If its good enough for Sassy Hassy to get hers changed that quick how about me?? Pretty please???? I'd like to be Cazlita coz that's what hubby calls me when he likes me!! :biggrin:

i kind of guessed where you got your user name from carole...! :lol:

WOW THANKS - YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT GEEK - LOVE YA. Think I have opened a can of worms for you though!!
The Nail Geek said:

No - carole, you'd get all shmoozy andexcited every time you see your name lol - always thinking you've been a good girl !
Carole Lindsay said:
If its good enough for Sassy Hassy to get hers changed that quick how about me?? Pretty please???? I'd like to be Cazlita coz that's what hubby calls me when he likes me!! :biggrin:

ok .....................

i have a really really really BORING user name ....... you can tell i had my Creative head on when i set this one up !! ...... Karren !!!:sad:

Yes i know 2 R's but that was only an error on my birth certificate, no interesting story there !

anyone with any inspiration for a new user name on geek for me please do let me know so i can feel a little more special and geeky ?

Keep it clean though eh !!

kx :rolleyes:

Mine's Soz 'cos I just spend my entire life apologising...for everything...sorry it's not very interesting...there I go again see what I mean

I guess my name is pretty damn obvious but I'm glad he chose Geek because Mrs Dork sounds REALLY PANTS!!!! :eek:

Great thread BTW - I have often wondered why people use their particular name - Soz - you really made me laugh - bless ya!!! :biggrin:

Sarah's my first name and Louise is my second, Sarah Lou is what hubby calls me, especially when he wants something;)

I used to be Portia - which is my name on every forum I use and ebay etc. Which is also the name of my black cat, which I stole from Shakespeare's play 'The Merchant of Venice' which I read in School :D

Now there seems to be Portia's everywhere :biggrin:

When I finally decided on Trinity Nails for my business I changed my own user name but I think the Geek has locked the access down now :o

I'm called Trinity Nails as my husband and I got married at 3pm on 03-03-03 in Las Vegas, we were both 33, I have 3 diamonds in my engagement ring, all the numbers in my birthday add up to 3 and I met my husband when I was 30.................... so three seems to be quite lucky for me :D

Mrs Geek said:
I guess my name is pretty damn obvious but I'm glad he chose Geek because Mrs Dork sounds REALLY PANTS!!!! :eek:

Great thread BTW - I have often wondered why people use their particular name - Soz - you really made me laugh - bless ya!!! :biggrin:
Ive got a son i call Dork boy i would have willingly let you have him to join your family (he's 16 next month teenagers need i say more lol)

Latest posts

Back