How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you meet your Husband/Wife/Partner

• Pub or club

Votes: 90 24.9%
  • Gym

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Church

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Through friend or family

Votes: 84 23.3%
  • Internet

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Other

Votes: 142 39.3%

• Total voters
I met my hubby on yahoo chat rooms, we met in the May02 and got on really well, moved intogther the following April03 and was expecting baby by november03, married the following june04 and daughter came in July04 and I still think he is wonderful !

Oh god did i say I thought he was still wonderful :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think I shall be the very youngest one here when i first met my hubby
I first met my husband to be when he was next doors paper boy he was around 9 and I was about two,

I used to wave to him so I'm told from my pram I grew up not liking him very much as he wouldn't even look at me, he would pedal away from me on his bike as fast as he could , then one night when i was sixteen I met him again and he was drunk so i didn't recognize him, or even like him,

A few weeks later i went to a Church club and his friend was chatting to me , I wasn't interested so I told his friend that my mate really liked him.:green:
so he went off with her .

then this bloke started dancing with me and he said where did your mate go ,ooops I thought he liked her and felt bad .
I said oh they have gone home together in his car ,
He laughed and said well he would have a job because he cannot drive ,
I was a bit worried for my mate by then so I said can you take me to my mate please so he said yes ill give you a lift home if you want ,
my mate was outside waiting at the car with his mate,

we all got a lift home from my hubby to be I then found out how young we really were when we met ,
we got married just as I was 18 been together ever since and I love him Dearly .Well most of the time anyway :Grope:

:green: meet my hubby through my sister she and brother inlaw used to go out with him and his girlfriend ,
he was fitting a carpet and bending over at the time lol ( you know where this is going !!) and i said to my sister when walking in who does the nice perty asse belong to ??
he was gonna leave girlfriend and split up anyway and i had just left my bum of a boyfriend so two weeks later they set us up and 2 years later married now nineteen years later still happy hes my soul mate :) ( and yes the arse is still damn perty lol) !!!!

paula xx

i met my boyfriend at work just over 3yrs ago when i wrkd part time at argos while i was at college!

I answered an ad in our paper in 1990 for people to write to squaddies in the Gulf "to keep up morale".

I wrote to Ray for 6 months, then when he got home we met up, got on fantastically, got engaged 4 months later, then he went to Ireland for 6 months, then we got married 14 months after we first met.

We're still together, have 3 kids. I really do think he's my soul mate, we have had many ups and downs, but sofar have worked throught them all!

Does anyone need the bucket?!

My friend invited me out with her friends to go into town drinking (i was only 17! she was 19) but said yes and she introduced me to her friend, we hit it off straight away, the only thing she forgot to tell me was that he was 24!

8 years older than me! we were both suprised when we found out how much age gap there was but by the we had already fallen for each other and we have now been together nearly 6 years and have our 1st wedding anniversary on 18th November have bought a flat and have 4 cats! and hopefully be adding a baby to family in the not too distant future!

Pinkcat x

I met my better half when I was a taxi driver. He owned the garage that I used to take my car to for repairs, services etc!!:)

I went out with my now partner when I was 16 we were engaged and going to get married (teenage innocence) then we split as his mate had a car and he didn't and I went off with him :smack: lol..

25 years later he found me again on friends reunited I had thought of him and wondered what had happened to him over the years but never thought he would get in touch... cut a long story short we are now living together and getting married 18th July 2009... and we are really going to do it this time ha ha :Love:

:irked: i met my hubby at school .... lol we got together in 95 and r still going strong now ... hahahahah playground stuff ...lol :hug:
emily xxx

:irked: i met my hubby at school .... lol we got together in 95 and r still going strong now ... hahahahah playground stuff ...lol :hug:
emily xxx

Very much the same, i was 15 and i met hubbie at the pub....yes i know i shouldnt have been there but i have always been tall for my age...lol he was just 18, we did go to the same school....he went out with my best friend and i hated him ...lol

That was 20 years ago.....:eek: who says young love don't last !

gosh lots of school day sweethearts on today!
my hubby and i met when we were 14 we both went to different schools but met when the 2 schools decided it was war and it was going to get sorted.i only went just for a good noisy see what fit boys there was. well i found one a bit short but thought well he'll grow and he was good looking. took ages to get together, he was too shy to ask me out and well i was to stubborn to ask him. got my friend to do it and he got his brother to ask me!:lol:

we have been together now for 13 years and no he didn't grow much taller just our love for each other.:hug:

i'm so glad i found him he is very special to me.

I met my ex, who is now my soulmate/best mate by being in a club one night (after doing a show dancing with live snakes) I was standing at the bar having a well deserved drink when one of my snakes (yes live ones) went from around my neck, onto Tim, (they never go to anyone else) then grabbbed him around his neck and pulled us together.

beat that one :!::):!:

I met my ex, who is now my soulmate/best mate by being in a club one night (after doing a show dancing with live snakes) I was standing at the bar having a well deserved drink when one of my snakes (yes live ones) went from around my neck, onto Tim, (they never go to anyone else) then grabbbed him around his neck and pulled us together.

Now that's ANIMAL Attraction!

Sorry, never thought of putting snakes in the poll:eek:

Sorry, never thought of putting snakes in the poll:eek:

pmsl , well that just shows you adele, we need to think outside the box in future pmsl, and yes carl i think you won hands down no-ones gonna beat that are they? lolol:lol::lol:

I met my husband on a the worldchampionship in austria. We were both competing and he hooked up for a chat. He wanted to use me for make-up foto,s and told me i should come to sweden "he was going to pay for it"...i thought yeah right!!!
I only talked to him about an hour in total and when i came back to belgium i started to chat with him, strongley believing that he was gay => he did make-up and nails :|
He sended me directly a ticket to sweden en i bravely accepted, since i didn,t really knew him.
In less then one year we got married and i am sure to say that he is my partner for life. I couldn,t imagine to be without him now. :green:

Actually I met my wonderful hubby on eharmony.com. Anyone looking for their soulmate I would highly recommend it. I knew on our first date, WOW this relationship is going places.....its was unbelieveable and still is. Have a great Night. Mary

Believe it or not, when I met my hubby, he was running around naked upstairs in one of our local pubs. We used to go to the pub and have late night lock ins until about 4 in the morning. And before you all ask, I wasn't attracted to him because of his dangly bits!!!!:lol:

On a number 61 Bus Lol.... 17 Years ago and still together! :hug:

I met my hubby while we were at school, he was in my class and i used to sell my mums cakes to him for 50p each. We have been marries for 9 years (together for 14) and i now make the cakes for him and our two beautiful children!:hug:

Latest posts

Back