How did you pay for the CND Complete course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also at the stage of enquiring about CND courses, torn between CND Complete and CND Enhance.

Mine all depends on whether I get funding from my previous employer or not, it depends if the course is equivalent to NVQ3 or not. I'm ringing up on Monday to ask a zillion questions, so if you work for S2 in the education department, you have been warned! Lol.

I haven't even told my hubby my plans yet, as he thinks I'm qualified and that's that, and I don't even know how I'm gonna arrange child care.

It will happen, I've just got sooo many things to sort out.

The military giving me £1000 towards it would be a massive help though, it it goes through. X

It may be cheaper to do an nvq2 and/or nvq3 in nail services and then do a CND conversion course.

I suggest this because with the nvq3 you get a very broad introduction to nails before training in a specific product.

I have my nvq3 but am hoping to do cnd training at some point in the future.

It may be cheaper to do an nvq2 and/or nvq3 in nail services and then do a CND conversion course.

I suggest this because with the nvq3 you get a very broad introduction to nails before training in a specific product.

The CND course gets you salon ready to work and with an ITEC diploma at The of it. I think you will find that the price is compatible but the CND course includes all products for everything. The value is incredibly good.

Make sure you look into it and compare everything ... We have lol ... Which is why I can confidently say there is not a better course around and taught with the best products all the way through ... No practising with pants products only to have to re-learn later with good ones. Check it out thoroughly 08452106060

I am in the process of booking CND Enhance at Leeds. I waiting for my pack to come through the post & already have some dates. (unfortunately I'm away on holiday & have clients booked in so will have to find out the next starting date) I have already saved nearly all the money anyway as I work 4-5 days a week self employed doing Beauty Therapy and nails. I remember doing "Fake nails" at college - I say fake because that's what they looked like, in fact the products were so poor & the end results so shocking it put me off doing nail enhancements for 10 years!!! I want to be able to provide a top nail enhancement service, producing beautiful nails, that is why I have chosen CND. Regarding payment my other option was to set up an overdraft facility on my business account but I've managed to save instead.

The CND course gets you salon ready to work and with an ITEC diploma at The of it. I think you will find that the price is compatible but the CND course includes all products for everything. The value is incredibly good.

Make sure you look into it and compare everything ... We have lol ... Which is why I can confidently say there is not a better course around and taught with the best products all the way through ... No practising with pants products only to have to re-learn later with good ones. Check it out thoroughly 08452106060

My local college has just released their part-time course information for the coming year. To study up to NVQ3 will cost £1008 in fees; there is also a requirement to spend £135 on basic equipment (as specified by the college). So bearing in mind that CND Complete includes around £800 worth of products, the £2000 fee is comparable.

I really really wish that there was a little more help out there though for people who were serious about getting into the industry.

When I started out, I had no choice but to do the EN home course because my financial and home situation wouldn't allow for anything more. i could have gone to college ( the college near my old home had a 2 year waiting list for beauty and anil courses ) and got a free course but factor in the cost of the kit etc I stuck with EN and paid monthly.

I would have qualified for government funding to go to college, but not to do aCND course as it is classed as private training.

Even a pay as you learn typed course would be amazing - done module by module like Open University do their courses to allow the people who are perhaps coming back to work after having children and who have no real financial standing to get on the ladder to becoming the best nail tech they can be xx

I know but it's the way it is.
It's bloody difficult just getting childcare, transport and accommodation to do these courses, not even accounting for the cost of it. But that's the way it is, nothing on life is free and we just have to work bloody hard to get there.

At least, when you finally get in the position to do said course, you know it's because you really, really want to do it, not just because you feel you ought to.

I've got a million things to sort out with my own education, including all the factors I mentioned, but I WILL get them sorted as I'm stubborn as nails and really want to do it.

Good luck.

Yeah i also have the problem with childcare too! Im hopeing my mum with have my 2 little kidlets. And something that is also very gutting is i was offered to do an nvq2 in nails with my local college and get it funded as i was under 25 and have not had a nvq yet. but becuase i had already paid for the sallys course and it started the same week i assumed i would be taught the same and recieve the same qualifiation almost so didnt think it was worth forcing out another 100 or more for their kit too and doing that course although i wish i had now.

But im hoping if i can somehow afford the CND complete corse that will cover absolutley everything. and then if i want to go on to work in a salon i can do.
Not sure if they issue NV2/3 CERTIFICATE etc but id imagine you recieve the same level training.

I just want a course to complete and then after doing it. know that there isnt a course i could go on after that would better my skills any more then what i already know and be at the best i could be with my General L&P and Gel Nails.

Just £1 of 2000 people would be like totally amazing....maybe i should start a sponcer form haha xxx

Yeah i also have the problem with childcare too! Im hopeing my mum with have my 2 little kidlets. And something that is also very gutting is i was offered to do an nvq2 in nails with my local college and get it funded as i was under 25 and have not had a nvq yet. but becuase i had already paid for the sallys course and it started the same week i assumed i would be taught the same and recieve the same qualifiation almost so didnt think it was worth forcing out another 100 or more for their kit too and doing that course although i wish i had now.

But im hoping if i can somehow afford the CND complete corse that will cover absolutley everything. and then if i want to go on to work in a salon i can do.
Not sure if they issue NV2/3 CERTIFICATE etc but id imagine you recieve the same level training.

I just want a course to complete and then after doing it. know that there isnt a course i could go on after that would better my skills any more then what i already know and be at the best i could be with my General L&P and Gel Nails.

Just £1 of 2000 people would be like totally amazing....maybe i should start a sponcer form haha xxx

If you do the work satisfactorily on your CND complete course, you will receive an ITEC diploma which in my opinion carries allot more weight than an NVQ certificate, which carries with it only a minimum qualification.

You will receive a better level of training with CND than you could expect to get in any college in fact. But make no mistake .... It will never be the end of your learning. 27 years in this business and I am still learning. But you should be 'work' ready. :D It all depends on you, your commitment to the course and your commitment to practice.

Last edited:
My local college has just released their part-time course information for the coming year. To study up to NVQ3 will cost £1008 in fees; there is also a requirement to spend £135 on basic equipment (as specified by the college). So bearing in mind that CND Complete includes around £800 worth of products, the £2000 fee is comparable.

And the products that the college will want you to buy will be of inferior quality. I trained at college and the product we used was pants. When I qualified I bought NSI instead because that's what our tutor used in "real life".

No course in the world will teach you everything you need to know! It will always be possible to improve, and to learn new things. That's what makes the nails industry so exciting! :biggrin:

Oh i know that. But i mean to the extent of learning how to apply an L&P OVERLAY. the right way! consistancy etc. I mean i know alot of it is practise but without knowing the skills behind it its hard to practise. Obviously i will alwayd be able to better myself in other ways such as differnt sculpting and nail art and different ways of doing new things but i want the basics down to a T , I want to feel like i have actually learnt something asuch!.....ooo im so exited and i havent even got the money yet haha xxxx

I forgot about this. That is to say that when I did my nvq3 nail services, it was before CND offered the ITEC qualification. If this was available at the time this would have been a really good option.

In all honesty, I do feel that my class was too big at college and there are some areas in which I don't feel work ready (I dread doing a rebalance for example). Also, a CV that says you gained an ITEC with CND would look amazing to a potential employer so this is something that I'd really like to do in the future. I know I want to do the conversion courses but come to think of it, the ITEC sounds really good overall :)

And the products that the college will want you to buy will be of inferior quality. I trained at college and the product we used was pants. When I qualified I bought NSI instead because that's what our tutor used in "real life".
Oh the ones we had were awful!

Clogged up, pointy, cheap brushes; cheap acrylic that was 'rubbery' when it was applied.... it's no wonder many of the girls in my class decided they didn't want to be nail techs!

And our tutor (though she was lovely!) was NOT a nail tech. She actually told us that when we started the module :o

Oh the ones we had were awful!

Clogged up, pointy, cheap brushes; cheap acrylic that was 'rubbery' when it was applied.... it's no wonder many of the girls in my class decided they didn't want to be nail techs!

And our tutor (though she was lovely!) was NOT a nail tech. She actually told us that when we started the module :o
Unfortunately, this is the standard in many colleges! :mad:

It baffles me that any place that offers Nail courses can have tutors/teachers who are not actually qualified in that area!!!:rolleyes:

I felt awkward doing it but when I first started my course I asked my teacher/tutor if she was a fully qualified tech and asked to see her cert's, which she gladly showed but it was obvious during classes that she knew what she was talking about.

That's why research must be done and then done again to make sure all is good and if your gut gets that funny feeling, don't bother booking in.
It's best to wait and keep saving until you can book into a good course.

I was lucky enough for my mum to pay for it. It's defiantly worth it and once clients know you have trained with CND their very impressed I'm looking to do the expert eventually and I have my goal in mind three years from now I'd like it all done! I was in a car accident not long ago but I was injured so that is going to pay for my next course!! But if not I'd take a loan you won't be disappointed!! I believe you have to speculate to accumulate and I really don't think collages train as well these days!! I hope this has helped XX

Im currently at college doing level 3 nail services and have been really lucky as the college have received funding this year ( and this is my first level 3) so I have got the course for the price of my uniform and the kits that I need , the gel that we are doing is calgel , fibreglass & silk is NSI and i have tried a few different L & P from what I am able to buy from the professional beauty suppliers next to the college, my plan is to do the CND convert course when I finish this course, I am really enjoying the course and my tutor is brilliant she has done all the big beauty shows and has been successful in the nail industry , colleges seem to have a bad name but I have done other courses in nails in the past and iv spent a hell of a lot of Money on it and still felt like I know nothing, it's only since iv started this course that it's all started to click into place as I go every week then come away and practice and go back the following week and figure out what's good what's not and how to resolve any problems , so in my opinion the best thing ( or in my case it has been ) is go to college find a good one then chose a system and convert to it

Forgot to add that the qualification I get from it is ITEC Diploma in nail technology

This is such an interesting thread.

Some thoughts that spring to mind is that with many courses, a lot of the time it can be a gamble as to whether you feel you are getting the education you need to reeeeally help you get into industry.

Having said that, I would have happily trained with CND via the ITEC course route had this had been an option when I was training. I say this because for what it costs you get a very well respected qualification and you are trained with good products from the start. So I do think it is good value for money in the sense that if it means a lot to you, you gotta save save save til you can do it :)

At college (nvq3) we used a popular product brand but due to allergies and the fact that I could have benefited with more 121 time than the class size allowed at the time, I certainly feel that I would like more education and am looking to do (as a minimum) conversion courses with CND.

Financially, there is not a lot of difference between paying for going to college and then paying to convert to CND in comparison with doing CND in the first place. (I was doing the maths last night and curiosity got the better of me).

ETA: With education, I don't believe that you always get what you pay for BUT I do believe that education is an investment and upon finding a good course, I would see the money it costs as in investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back