How did you pay for the CND Complete course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess this is true. And in a sence all what you pay of for the course you could probably make back any way. im definetly going to be doing the complete course at some point :D xxx

Well hopefully you'll be getting a full refund from Sally's, which will give you a head start on saving! :D

We have looked long and hard to offer payment plans and/or funding. Payment plans are a challenge as you can too easily cross into consumer protection legislation that then becomes a bureaucratic nightmare to administer. We chose not to go down the funding route as it directly bound our hands when it came time to what we taught and how we taught it.

Our goal is first and foremost to offer the best education experience that can be provided for the best value we possibly can. Funding prevents that and payment plans increase administration costs quite radically. Saying that, we are still looking into the best way we can do this as our third goal is to eliminate boundaries. We just aren't fully there... Yet ;)

I'm devastated as CND aren't registered on the Enhanced Learning Credit scheme run by the MOD. I've emailed them asking if they'll apply to join so I can get my £1000 from the MOD to put towards CND Complete or Enhance.

Please join CND!! Pretty please!!!
Please, please, please please please please please please please please please!

With a cherry on top? It won't cost you anything and the online application form is really small, I swear!

I don't want to do any other courses, just yours!

I'm devastated as CND aren't registered on the Enhanced Learning Credit scheme run by the MOD. I've emailed them asking if they'll apply to join so I can get my £1000 from the MOD to put towards CND Complete or Enhance.

Please join CND!! Pretty please!!!
Please, please, please please please please please please please please please!

With a cherry on top? It won't cost you anything and the online application form is really small, I swear!

I don't want to do any other courses, just yours!

Oh nooooooooooo!!!:sad: Have you emailed the Education Manager Debbie Davies?

We have looked long and hard to offer payment plans and/or funding. Payment plans are a challenge as you can too easily cross into consumer protection legislation that then becomes a bureaucratic nightmare to administer. We chose not to go down the funding route as it directly bound our hands when it came time to what we taught and how we taught it.

Our goal is first and foremost to offer the best education experience that can be provided for the best value we possibly can. Funding prevents that and payment plans increase administration costs quite radically. Saying that, we are still looking into the best way we can do this as our third goal is to eliminate boundaries. We just aren't fully there... Yet ;)

Good to know that you're on the case! Your efforts are massively appreciated.

Oh nooooooooooo!!!:sad: Have you emailed the Education Manager Debbie Davies?

I rang her various times before just dialling S2 because I couldn't get through but apparently she's out today. :-(
I didn't ring the ELC helpline until after I spoke to S2 so I ended up using the 'Contact Us' form instead after my conversation with S2.

I'm hoping they do register with ELC as it will be awesome for me and any other service leaver wanting to pursue a career in Nails with CND. And there is a lot of us about with the redundancies, especially Mums like me who had been put shore side for a long time. :)

would be amazing if some sort of help was given some where or something. although breaking the prices down the courses are more then worth its just a big lump sum to pay all in one go. but i guess once you get the money u no how hard youve worked to get it and complete the course. if it was given on a plate it would be to easy xx

And the products that the college will want you to buy will be of inferior quality. I trained at college and the product we used was pants. When I qualified I bought NSI instead because that's what our tutor used in "real life".

Totally agree with this, the products we are using are rubbish :/ im doing the NVQ at the moment, have got 4 weeks left then I'm booking a conversion course and some one to one with CND right away. I've been saving for this, i could never afford to do the complete course, I'm going to carry on as I'm going saving to do each module/section bit by bit with CND, Starting with l+p, then the shellac course and gel after that.

Good luck with whatever you do!

Babezone, loving the idea of a sponsor! I'll give you your first £1 if you like! Lol. X

whoop 1999 people to go lol....imagine tho it would be so cool lol xxx

whoop 1999 people to go lol....imagine tho it would be so cool lol xxx

You're forgetting to add the VAT - 2399 to go......... :cry:

I can assure you that there is not a serious-minded nail tech alive who has not spent a similar amount to set up a good business in nails plus much more. ... And there are not many businesses that return so much that are as inexpensive to set up either.

It may seem allot when one doesn't understand how to set up a real business or what that entails, but In actual fact it is silly to think it could cost any less for first class education, products and support. You have to be realistic. You are actually looking at a minimum spend at the price quoted.

i figured id save the vat money lol. when you say a minimum spend geeg the 2400 is there any hidden charges i should know about besides travel etc. ??
like i say tho whe the price is broken down it does seem quite reasonable i forked out 400+ on sallys just to learn manicure and L&P which was a shoddy course!! and on a CND complete i would learn maincure + pedicure L&P GEL and SHALLAC so think its quite good really. xxx

i figured id save the vat money lol. when you say a minimum spend geeg the 2400 is there any hidden charges i should know about besides travel etc. ??
like i say tho whe the price is broken down it does seem quite reasonable i forked out 400+ on sallys just to learn manicure and L&P which was a shoddy course!! and on a CND complete i would learn maincure + pedicure L&P GEL and SHALLAC so think its quite good really. xxx
There are no hidden costs. All kits contain professional sizes so you do not have to replace products every 2 minutes either. You Inevitably will need to replace some things as you go along like certain tip sizes etc but if you are charging as you practise then it is self-funding. You do need to think about insurance and for that I recommend the GUILD. There may be other things you will WANT but you will have everything you will need.

I say that if you want something enough you will get it and if that means working your butt off and saving the pennies you can do it. I saved a lot for my first car and it took forever but it was worth it. Small amounts of saving add up. To train with the best is of course going to cost but when you look at the kit. My god it isn't all that expensive really x

Babezone - if you already have a manicure certificate, how about using the money you (hopefully) get back from Sally's to buy a Shellac kit and doing the Shellac training (£50 I believe). You could then start earning (and saving!) and could then look at doing the CND Enhancements training, rather than the Complete course, as you'd already have Shellac under your belt so to speak! :biggrin:

I just spoke to Debbie and she was mega nice and helpful and had proper gone out of her way to try and help me. Makes me want to do the course even more now! How am I going to break this to my husband? Gonna have to bribe him with nice meals and wine.

Because thats just i dont think i actually have any qualification!....And if im totally honest i dont even feel qualified. The have sent me a certificate which has no mention of a qualificaiton. and have even sent me one with diploma added to it which isnt added in the correct place and makes no sence at all.

Apparently im only qualified to work on family and friends as am i only able to gain insurance for that purpose. i assume because family and friends are less likely to make a claim against me. Im not able to work/practise in a salon or star my own buisness. to me it just seems void.

So i think me as well as clients would benifit me from being taught everything 100% correctly from real professionals. i would hate to do someones nails and do them incorrect and potentially ruin a clients nail beds. xxx

Because thats just i dont think i actually have any qualification!....And if im totally honest i dont even feel qualified. The have sent me a certificate which has no mention of a qualificaiton. and have even sent me one with diploma added to it which isnt added in the correct place and makes no sence at all.

Apparently im only qualified to work on family and friends as am i only able to gain insurance for that purpose. i assume because family and friends are less likely to make a claim against me. Im not able to work/practise in a salon or star my own buisness. to me it just seems void.

So i think me as well as clients would benifit me from being taught everything 100% correctly from real professionals. i would hate to do someones nails and do them incorrect and potentially ruin a clients nail beds. xxx
What the heck?
That's ridiculous! I can't believe they sold you this course! I mean I did a one day Gel Nail course which to me isn't enough, hence me wanting to learn with CND, but at least it was a course that you could get fully insured with.
With your Manicure course did they go over anatomy and theory with you? And give you a book with it all in to take home?
If they didn't, it's terrible, but don't blame yourself. Other than Salon Geek there was no other way for you to know any different about courses.

I wish I knew then what I know now but that unfortunately is the beauty of hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back