How difficult to remove buff-off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyQs

Reaction score
I have been serioulsy considering training in a buff off gel, such as Akzentz or Brisa. I get frustrated with how easily the soak-offs yellow when doing french.

I am wondering how difficult it is to remove a buff off. I know you don't have to do it often but when you do, how long does it take compared to Bio or Calgel? I am also nervous about over filing.

Also, when I do my own nails, I soak off each time because I seem incapable of filing my own nails properly to prepare them for a fill when I am using my wrong hand. I am not sure how I would make out at getting my own off if I decided to take a break from them.

I have read a few tutorials about different gels, but was looking for advice from techs who have used both types.

Thanks! alex

Hello, i use brisa and love the results, when i buff off i find that i need to leave a thin layer of gel on the nail to avoid buffing natural nail. I dont find it hard to buff off but would rather not hit the nail plate, so leave a bit on.:)

Hello, i use brisa and love the results, when i buff off i find that i need to leave a thin layer of gel on the nail to avoid buffing natural nail. I dont find it hard to buff off but would rather not hit the nail plate, so leave a bit on.:)

Thanks Cluskerm.
What do you do in the case that someone wants it completely removed? About how long does it take you to file to the thin layer?

Brisa is easy to remove if you're using a new 180/240 grit abrasive... as you get closer to the natural nail reduce from the 180 to the 240 side, you should be able to remove virtually all of the overlay without damaging the natural nail.
Half an hour should be enough for a full removal, but it's a rare occurrence IMO.

hth's

Brisa is easy to remove if you're using a new 180/240 grit abrasive... as you get closer to the natural nail reduce from the 180 to the 240 side, you should be able to remove virtually all of the overlay without damaging the natural nail.
Half an hour should be enough for a full removal, but it's a rare occurrence IMO.

hth's

Thanks Sandi. Am I correct in thinking a Brisa french would maintain its colour in between visits without yellowing or going slightly gray?

Are others able to file with their wrong hand on themselves or is it just me?

i use nsi balance gel and i have no trouble buffing it off.its not hard work at all.i would also say about 30mins to buff off.

Am I correct in thinking a Brisa french would maintain its colour in between visits without yellowing or going slightly gray?
Most definitely, it never discolours, I've got clients who have never had a removal, just rebalances, the colour looks the same as the initial application :green:

Are others able to file with their wrong hand on themselves or is it just me?
I do struggle filing with my wrong hand but I've improved from what I used to be like, all cack-handed lol, I tend to move my nail on the abrasive, it's easier.

hth's

I use a file off gel too and agree with Sandy...it is quicker and easier than you think. i don't think its any different really to balancing L&P...infact its easier to file than L&P IMO.

If you can file down to re balance then you can file down to remove..you just file more off.

Sandi -that's exactly what I do move my nail against the file. Well they say using your wrong hand for everyday activity develops your brain in different ways so I will keep working at it. Good to know it gets easier!
Thanks!
:hug:

Thanks everyone. I am going to look into some training with Brisa. CND training is hard to come by here in Canada but I am going to see what's available. I appreciate everyone's input.
:hug:

i use nsi balance gel and i have no trouble buffing it off.its not hard work at all.i would also say about 30mins to buff off.

Yes I find the same with NSI Balance hth x (btw Balance gel is the best gel I've used)

So I have found a Brisa course in Nov. within 1.5 hrs from where I am and am going to register. Can't wait!

I am wondering about lamps. The course does NOT include the lamp.

I have read in threads that Calgel can be cured with a Brisa lamp, but not the other way around. Is it an absolute must to have the Brisa lamp?

It's another $300 plus dollars on top of the product and training. I'm willing to buy it, but do I have to have it right away?

Thanks everyone!

So I have found a Brisa course in Nov. within 1.5 hrs from where I am and am going to register. Can't wait!

I am wondering about lamps. The course does NOT include the lamp.

I have read in threads that Calgel can be cured with a Brisa lamp, but not the other way around. Is it an absolute must to have the Brisa lamp?

It's another $300 plus dollars on top of the product and training. I'm willing to buy it, but do I have to have it right away?

Thanks everyone!

Just bumping this up to see if I can find out about lamps. THANKS!!!

you will need the brisa lamp for curing brisa gels x

i think its important for you to get the lamp that you need as you wont know if any problems you might have are because of something your doing or because you dont have the right lamp.you will always be wondering.if your going to use brisa more regular then you may as well get what you need at the start,once you have got it then you wont need to buy another one.good luck with the course

Ok, thanks geeks. Just what I figured - I DO need to get the lamp as well. Couldn't resist asking:green:

Latest posts

Back