How do I do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
I have a client who has sent me this picture and asked me if I can create this look.

She currently has bleached highlights and wella 12.1 through her hair.

Firstly I;ve told her that because of the bleach in her hair I think the colour at the bottom would fade too quickly but she said she doesn't mind.

I assume it will also be murder to get back out once the fad is over!!

All that said I've never done this type of style before so not sure how to get the look in the first place and what to use.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 215
  • New Image2.JPG
    New Image2.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 203
Hey missfit, is she wanting too go darker then have the bright colour on the ends?
So no more blonde highlights?
xx

no i think she wants the highlights as normal with the red or blue at the bottom arghhh

no i think she wants the highlights as normal with the red or blue at the bottom arghhh

Red at the bottom would be easier as you only got to lift it to orange where as for blue you need to lift to white!! The style is quite easy to do but why she wants I'll never know!! Lol x

have you ever used crazy colour?

ive used the plum crazy colour but it didn't last long.

Bluerinse how would that work if she already has bleach highlights at the bottom along with base 7/6.
Would I need to pick out hte non bleach parts and highlift tint them then apply the colour?
Would the wella colour range be suitable for this kind of red?

Thanks Again

ive used the plum crazy colour but it didn't last long.

Bluerinse how would that work if she already has bleach highlights at the bottom along with base 7/6.
Would I need to pick out hte non bleach parts and highlift tint them then apply the colour?
Would the wella colour range be suitable for this kind of red?

Thanks Again

Is she natural 7/6 base or colored? If natural use either 6.66 in loreal or 66/46 and 77/46 with 0/65 mixtone or in matrix 5rr and sored red violet these are the best bright reds I can think if you want permanent. If colored do mild bleach bath underneath and then apply one of the formulas above once you bleach bathed it to orange:)

yea they do fade quickly some clients are apply to re apply at home esp if only on ends as its easy enough to do no mixing. i use Schwarzkopf and used 9-998 last night was gorg. if the majority of the ends are blonde i wouldnt lighten the darker parts as might look to solid. i find all the fashion colours fade really quickly so depends on how bright she wants it to start with and its easy to keep up at home with crazy colour. have a look at there website.

sorry new to this find it hard to explain what i can visualize

Stargazer imo are better lasting than the other 'alternative dyes' they have less rub off too although when washing hair it can bleed into the blonde. X

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I think I would use the Wella 77/46 it would lift the base 6/7 and be really bright on the blonde but difficult to get out in one go as all reds are. X

Latest posts

Back