How do I find reliable clients for mobile eyelash extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENW96

Reaction score
I became qualified to do eyelashes about five months ago, and since then, I've been trying to build up a client base. I haven't really been sure where to advertise, but I have posted a lot of adverts on Facebook, although I only really seem to get any attention on my posts when I'm doing some sort of special offer. Even on the posts that do get a lot of attention, people will comment to say they're interested, so I'll message them about booking an appointment and they'll either open the message and not reply, refuse to have a patch test, or make an appointment with me and cancel at the last minute. It's extremely frustrating for me as I've paid for the course and my insurance and I've barely had any clients at all. I recently posted an offer and it looked like I was going to have about 15 clients which I was really excited about, then only four went as far as actually making appointments and I've only had one client from that in the end.

Is it because I'm mobile that people feel as though it's acceptable to mess me around? I also don't charge a lot, my prices are very reasonable for the area, very much what you would expect to pay without it being questionably cheap.

Something which is also extremely frustrating is that there are other people locally who do eyelashes, and if you look at their Facebook pages, you can see that the lashes have not been applied correctly at all, so they don't look good and they are clearly also going to be damaging to the client's natural lashes. However, these people are cheaper than me and somehow they seem extremely busy.

I became qualified to do eyelashes about five months ago, and since then, I've been trying to build up a client base. I haven't really been sure where to advertise, but I have posted a lot of adverts on Facebook, although I only really seem to get any attention on my posts when I'm doing some sort of special offer. Even on the posts that do get a lot of attention, people will comment to say they're interested, so I'll message them about booking an appointment and they'll either open the message and not reply, refuse to have a patch test, or make an appointment with me and cancel at the last minute. It's extremely frustrating for me as I've paid for the course and my insurance and I've barely had any clients at all. I recently posted an offer and it looked like I was going to have about 15 clients which I was really excited about, then only four went as far as actually making appointments and I've only had one client from that in the end.

Is it because I'm mobile that people feel as though it's acceptable to mess me around? I also don't charge a lot, my prices are very reasonable for the area, very much what you would expect to pay without it being questionably cheap.

Something which is also extremely frustrating is that there are other people locally who do eyelashes, and if you look at their Facebook pages, you can see that the lashes have not been applied correctly at all, so they don't look good and they are clearly also going to be damaging to the client's natural lashes. However, these people are cheaper than me and somehow they seem extremely busy.
Sadly there's no easy answer to this except to persevere and be patient. [emoji19]

Latest posts

Back