how do I get a job in the Nail Industry?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alib

Reaction score
I know this may sound like a real stupid question!!!! - but I'm stumped to be honest!
The problem being is that I work 25 hours a week and am at College studying Beauty Therapy 1 day a week. I earn relatively good money and can't seem to find a job that will enable me to gain valuable work experience and still be able to pay my mortgage!!
Can anyone help to guide me to my sought after destination!!?

Well ... I sympathize as juggling another career and trying to learn a new one is not an easy task. When to make the big break???

All I can say is that when you feel confident of your skill level and you know damn well you can create beautiful, long-lasting nail enhancements on your part time customers and they are happy with your work ... you just have to have the faith in yourself to go out there and get what you want.

You must be aware that you may have to tighten your belt a bit while you grow your business, but you will never regret your decision.

There are many opportunities in hair salons at the moment ... care needs to ba taken in your choice but one can do very well working within a busy hair salon and the customer base is already established. You can still be self employed in this situation and it works very well for some.

Maybe the time is not quite right just yet for you. You will know when it is I'm sure.

Mmmmm Thanx, maybe you're right, I'm just sooooo eager to get into the industry!!!
I've toyed with the idea of writing to local salons and seeing if any are willing to give me a days work experience - What do you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back