How do I get back into it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayleigh_louise

Reaction score
Can anyone give me any advice on how to get back into the world of hairdressing?
I did an apprentiship and qualified at L3 when i left school. I had a further 4 years experience working as a stylist in 3 different salons before i got pregnant and was made redundant. After I had my little boy I did a one day hair extension course at belle academy then tried to get myself into a salon but after 3 failed interviews i gave up. I now work in a supermaket and it bores me to death! I miss working with hair but im now 27 and it has been 6 years since i worked in a salon. I still do friends hair and feel confident doing extensions but my cutting and colouring needs improving. Id also like to learn to do bridal hair. I live near newcastle and cant find any courses round here.
any advice would be great thanks

Have you tried your local hairdressing centre likes of Aston and Fincher, Alan Howards, salon services they should do course for bridal hair and cutting and colouring courses to get you confident again and learn the new techniques. your local college may offer bridal hair it I know mine does! are you full time in your current job? Or have you got a day free that you could possibly do some volunteering in a local salon see if anything comes from that?

Have you tried your local hairdressing centre likes of Aston and Fincher, Alan Howards, salon services they should do course for bridal hair and cutting and colouring courses to get you confident again and learn the new techniques. your local college may offer bridal hair it I know mine does! are you full time in your current job? Or have you got a day free that you could possibly do some volunteering in a local salon see if anything comes from that?

Thank you, ive just looked up salon services and they do all the courses im interested in so im going to call in this week! I work different shifts every week so volunteering would be awkward x

Well at least you've sorted out the courses at least when you've refreshed all the little bits interviews may go better for yourself as its all fresh in your mind with all new techniques and you will feel more confident in yourself! Good luck! Xx

No problem! YouTube is good also there is a thread somewhere about stylists videos to watch if you try and search on here for it after you've refreshed your training give some of them a watch xx

Latest posts

Back