how do i get to nvq???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugerpuffm

Reaction score
hello geeks xxxx i am a little confused... :confused: .. right im a master in LNP for Creative .. but can i get that nvq'ed ???? like can i get my qulification to a higher standered on paper ????? xxxxxx love u all like a fat kid loves cakes :hug:

hello geeks xxxx i am a little confused... :confused: .. right im a master in LNP for Creative .. but can i get that nvq'ed ???? like can i get my qulification to a higher standered on paper ????? xxxxxx love u all like a fat kid loves cakes :hug:

Hi

That would be a good Idea if this was the case we would all love to do it.

As far as I know the NVQ is the same as the SVQ both of which are a national qualifications I do know that it is possible to do SQV level 2 and 3 in Nail technology and I assume that this is the case for NVQ also.

Your next move if you wish to take your qualification to a higher standered on paper would possible to achive and assessor award such as A1 which you can then use to teach and assess students.

Usually NVQ, SVQ, and A1 assessor awards can be done through your local college

Hope this has been of some use to you
Kind regards
Tracey:hug:

Cheers tracy... yah im a bit un knowing when it comes to nvq and all the higher levels lol xxx im gonna have to look into this i think n see if i can get some more info from the collage when it opens in sept ./ xxx cheers chuck xx emily :hug:

Cheers tracy... yah im a bit un knowing when it comes to nvq and all the higher levels lol xxx im gonna have to look into this i think n see if i can get some more info from the collage when it opens in sept ./ xxx cheers chuck xx emily :hug:

Not all Colleges offer the Nail route you may have to shop around in your area.:hug:

yah i will have a look about n see wot i can find .. xxx cheers again chuck xx :hug:

Hi, I teach nvq 2 beauty therapy at the moment but are about to start teaching C&G nail services 2 in September.
I if iam being really dumb but I didnt really understand your question re NVQ's!:confused:
If you have no nvq's at the moment you would need to do level 2 first in one system and then go onto do nail technology nvq3, in which you need to learn all three systems and about 4 other units which make up the full level 3.

HTH.

:hug:

PS if you go onto the City & guilds website you should be albe to find a college which offer these courses in your area.

Hi, I teach nvq 2 beauty therapy at the moment but are about to start teaching C&G nail services 2 in September.
I if iam being really dumb but I didnt really understand your question re NVQ's!:confused:
If you have no nvq's at the moment you would need to do level 2 first in one system and then go onto do nail technology nvq3, in which you need to learn all three systems and about 4 other units which make up the full level 3.

HTH.

PS if you go onto the City & guilds website you should be albe to find a college which offer these courses in your area.

Hi emma

The NVQ sounds the same as the SVQ which include A&P - H&S which are mandtiory units:hug:

HTH.

lol .... im qualified in lnp gel fiberglass n silk all ready and im a master for creative in lnp , i was wondering if i can get them to be nvq qualified too ?? or is there not a real need for them to be nvq assessed... ??? ohhhhhhhhh this is all so confusing lol xx

Ye it is the same, in scotland they have SVQ but here we have NVQ. they are the same qualification to my knowledge. :hug:

Even though you have all three systems qualification, are they company certificates?
If you are wanting to teach nails you must have a nationally recognised certificate in the systems and also have a teaching qualification. But to teach NVQ students and assess them you need to hold your A1 / D32 or D33.

Is it that you are wanting to go into teaching?

ohhhhhhhh grrrrr lmao now girls im gettin in a mucking fuddle ... i dont want to teach or any of that i just want to take my qualification to the best level i can ...hahahahhahahaha this is all so confusing ..lol xxxx emily x x :irked:

Why not work to become a master in all systems if you are just wanting to be the best.
I am not saying that one or the other is the best.

well is the nvq world noticed or r they both ??? master or nvq ???? like if i was to move abroad would my masters be recognised or would the nvq be better ??? lol :irked:

You CANNOT just change your qualification to an NVQ/SNVQ 'S' stands for Scotish,N stands for National so there is no difference between S or N as an actual qualification.LOL

I think with your qualifications that you already have you are doing well,however the only thing you need to remember is that one day it may be that we all have to hold an NVQ or similar.That's been the gossip for sometime anyway.I had a brand qualification only,and then went to college to do my NVQ,some colleges do an NVQ in Creative products so that would be a real benefit to you.

You will no doubt find the NVQ course of great interest,you already have your practical skills you will just need to home in on your theory.HTH

Sorry I forgot to say that you cant just be assessed once and gain your nvq it would be a full course, which like babsan has already sadi you might find it very interesting and gain even more knowledge!
Also another thing to remember is that most places recognise NVQ's more than company named qualifications. (other than creative quals):hug:

cheers girls i got the ans i needed thanks so much ...lol xxx hahahahaha :hug:

I Think you may find courses are full if you enquire in Sept, You need to enquire now. Most colleges are open all year round ( apart from a few days over Christmas and new Year) You may find that you are even too late for this Academic Years intake ( 07/08)

I Think you may find courses are full if you enquire in Sept, You need to enquire now. Most colleges are open all year round ( apart from a few days over Christmas and new Year) You may find that you are even too late for this Academic Years intake ( 07/08)
Yah i did wonder but at least it gives me enough time to look into things for the next intake .. xxx emily xx

Yah i did wonder but at least it gives me enough time to look into things for the next intake .. xxx emily xx
Some Colleges have a January intake, so that maybe an option for you to look at, rather than wait until Sept 08.

Some Colleges have a January intake, so that maybe an option for you to look at, rather than wait until Sept 08.
COOL BEANS SANDRA XXXX thanks for that xx

If you have done a nail course and are qualified then you can just take the NVQ assessments. That is waht I have done. There are individual companies that do this you do not have to go to college to get your NVQ award.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back