How do i go about setting up a web site??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g5m_sh

Reaction score
Hiya all.

How do i set up a web site? Were do i go? How much is it?

I am canny good on the computer so al probs be able to do it my self i just havent got a clue were to start!

Thanks xx :green:

Hi Gemma,

A lot of us use Freewebs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage - Make a web site with photo albums, blogs, videos, forums and more!. As the name suggests - it's free!! :biggrin: You put in the name you want and it comes up as Freewebs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage - Make a web site with photo albums, blogs, videos, forums and more! whatever your name is but if you sign up for your own domain name (mine costs about £13 a year) and you have the premium level then you can use your own domain but on the free site.

Does that make any sense????!!!! :rolleyes:

I am in the process of designing mine. I found a great site called W3 schools W3Schools Online Web Tutorials. It's a site containing tutorials, I've used it to learn HTML, it has so much info and is really easy to follow.

I've almost finished putting together my site, and I have done it all myself from scratch with no previous knowledge about websites.

Good Luck!

I have always used Frontpage to create my sites, I currently have 2 live ones. It is like using Word almost, you just type in what you want where and once you are happy you upload onto a hosting server.

I use 1&1 Internet Ltd. for my hosting. They also have a web design package. Prices are dependent on what you want. If you have a hosting package then you get a .co.uk domain name free.

Latest posts

Back