How do I know if my certificate is real?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knsfamily

Reaction score
Really need help I've done a spraytan course
But my certificate is just a photo copy
How do I know if it's real coz I think it's very doggy

What company did you use? Are they accredited? I know its easy for me to say now but did you check them out before you booked? Or you coulld speak to your insurance company & see what they say about accepting the company.

It's a local salon in my area she always has loads of courses
Going on & does very well out of it but my friend & my certificate
Took 6 months & it is a photo copy which I could
Of done on pc myself

Who did she claim it was accredited by? Mine is Babtac accredited and it's definitely NOT a photocopy - it has an embossed foil seal on it.

If she hasn't claimed it's accredited then I don't think she's done anything wrong - it's only if she has misrepresented the course that she's actually done anything wrong...

Some salons do training now which is accepted by your insurance, but wouldn't count as an actual qualification in the subject. You can still offer the service, but a majority of salons will not give you a job unless its an NVQ, Betc or otherwise. These qualifications, as long as your insurance accepts, are still ok to trade under. Just check with your insurance. My boss does these courses, that's the only reason I know.

Latest posts

Back