How do I know if my liquid to powder ratio is correct?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyenne

Reaction score
I have been trying to learn nails on and off for the past couple of years. Ive been all over the place with it and have gotten frustrated. I recently decided to take things serious and learn because its been something I wanted to perfect for some time and its still frustrating. I have decided to start with the ratio because I know its important to doing acrylic. I am using a technique that I learned on Youtube where I make acrylic balls and put them on colorful paper. I know my balls arent dry and if they were too wet it would leave a ring around the ball which would be visible on the paper. I want to believe I have the correct ratio because of what ive already stated and the bead is glossy like a pearl before I place it and when I press it on the paper it self levels and pops back into place. I noticed I have a bunch of tiny air bubbles after the acrylic dries. I burped my brush before starting to make sure all air bubbles where out of the brush. Idk what im doing wrong. I did a test on one of my nails and the acrylic was kinda running on my nail. How do I know 100% if I have the ratio right? I am practicing with opi competition ( the nail tech who was training me long ago told me to use this to get familiar with it because thats the one they use)

You mentioned being trained before, have you completed your training and qualified?
Learning the correct ratio is fundamental in working with L&P and is one of the main parts of the training.

Latest posts

Back