How do I know my ratio is right???!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annalooby

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm getting a bit frustrated as, after changing to Creative Retention to try and minimise lifting for some of my clients, I find I am now getting lifting at the sides of the cuticle - not near the base of the nail, thats fine - but down the sides near the folds.

I have been careful to not touch the cuticle, am following Grandmaster Geeks prep notes with ultimate care and I thought I was using the correct ratio but I still find that I'm getting a tiny bit of lifting - only about 1-2mm at the sides- which appears after a couple of days and doesn't seem to get any worse.

I fine zone 3 the hardest to do and wonder if it might be my ratio is wrong here - I am going to do a creative conversion course but I have to wait until I can get to the city (We are five hours away from the nearest city). Is there a way to tell if you have the correct ratio with creative products - would using a creative brush help???

Going mad over this - help me pleeeeease!!

annalooby said:
Hi everyone!

I'm getting a bit frustrated as, after changing to Creative Retention to try and minimise lifting for some of my clients, I find I am now getting lifting at the sides of the cuticle - not near the base of the nail, thats fine - but down the sides near the folds.

I have been careful to not touch the cuticle, am following Grandmaster Geeks prep notes with ultimate care and I thought I was using the correct ratio but I still find that I'm getting a tiny bit of lifting - only about 1-2mm at the sides- which appears after a couple of days and doesn't seem to get any worse.

I fine zone 3 the hardest to do and wonder if it might be my ratio is wrong here - I am going to do a creative conversion course but I have to wait until I can get to the city (We are five hours away from the nearest city). Is there a way to tell if you have the correct ratio with creative products - would using a creative brush help???

Going mad over this - help me pleeeeease!!

Correct mix ratio is not the answer to every problem. The most likely cause of your lifting in the area you describe is that you are not pressing the prodcut down enough onto the nail surface in these trickier areas.

Make sure you deliberately and methodically PRESS the product into place all along the sides, and your lifting will be a thing of the past.

wow im sooooooooo glad i read this! iv been having problems with lifting. ive made sure i am meticulous with my prep and have practiced my mix ratio. not pressing down enough might be the reason!

thanx gigi!

sambam said:
wow im sooooooooo glad i read this! iv been having problems with lifting. ive made sure i am meticulous with my prep and have practiced my mix ratio. not pressing down enough might be the reason!

thanx gigi!

I think it will work for you.
I have taught hundreds and hundreds of students and believe me, if prep is right and mix is right, then, with Creative products anyway, the problem is being timid when it comes to pressing the product onto the nail surface whilst also trying not to touch the skin.
If that strong contact is not made, then the product cannot effectively bond to the surface.
If anyone gets lifting after afew days of application, then the product was never really adhered in the first place.

Thanks Geeg! Will try to press a bit harder!!

Looby:biggrin:

Thats something i haven't thought of either, making sure i press hard enough on the sides as that is where my lifting occurs. I think that i concentrate so much on the cuticle area that i forget to press firm enough on the sides. I have two nail repairs to do today so will try it then.

One thing i have also tried which made things a little easier for me is that the brush i use has a point on it which i have always found difficult to use when flattening the product down, star nails L&P, so i trimmed the brush very slightly so it now has a flat edge. My application is now so much easier and smoother when finished, so less buffing. It definately helps when you need to press the produst down evenly.

Thanks again Geeg for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back