How Do I Register My Mobile Business?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrel

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am new to this site and have just registered this morning.
I'm in the process of setting up my mobile business and am completely overwhelmed at how you officially register your business and name etc.

can anyone help? :confused:

Also what do you do about tax etc?

any tips would be appreciated!

Thank-you

Hi,

Contact your local inland revenue office and advise them that you are starting a business and they will help you out with everything.

With regards to registering your company you only have to register with companies house if you are a Limited Company.

HTH

you can call 0845 9154515 to reg as self employed, they will sort out the forms for you for tax/national insurance etc, it takes about 10 mins. You can also go to www.adviceguide.org.uk for loads more advice etc. HTHs

Thanks Sharron and Yvonne for your help.. i had been looking on the internet and it was like a jungle !

i love this site already!

xxx

Contact Professional Beauty (sorry can't find the number, call directories), they will insure you at a brilliant rate. You must have liability (sp) insurance hun.

if you go to the nation business register you can register your business name. Cost me £70 for a year.

If you are a sole trader you do not need to register your business with Companies House.

HTH

Rachel

Hiya, i've just started going mobile 1 week ago, i went to business gateway www.bgateway.com they give you lots of help about tax and how to keep your accounts in order, and best of all they give you £1000 grant to get started and ongoing support for 3 years. Also they have lots of meeting so you can network with other people. I'm going to my first one on Tuesday a bit scared i'll just sit in the corner (but will hand out lots of business cards)
Lv Shaz XX

ladybgemini said:
if you go to the nation business register you can register your business name. Cost me £70 for a year.

If you are a sole trader you do not need to register your business with Companies House.

HTH

Rachel

Not critising in anyway what you have done, but be aware of companies like this. The register which you sign up to is not a legal requirement.

A sole trader does not have to register there name anywhere, apart from the Inland Revenue for tax & ni purposes.

You can end up paying alot of money to one of these registration companies but they dont really do anything for you. Alot of the information they provide sole traders can be obtain from the Inland Revenue & Companies House.

The aim of the register is to make sure that you dont work under the same name as someone else in the same trade. Unfortuantly not every sole trader is on the register, it just tends to be the ones who have also regsitered. So the purpose of checking the name doesn't work as you are not checking against a full list.

If you want to check that you dont have the same name as a limited company, do this through companies house (where all limited companies are registered by law). For a small fee you can check, you may even be able to get basic information like this for free.

I have been a Chartered Accountant for 8 years and so many people get ripped off by these kind of registers. They dont provide a service for small traders. They look official and important but aren't.

Dont want to upset anyone, it just makes me angry when business pray on nervous people setting up new business.

I checked everywhere to ensure that I wasn't using a name already in use and registered it purely to protect my chosen name.

Thanks for the concern but I was aware what I was doing and chose to do it. They never contacted me regarding it at all.

Rachel

ladybgemini said:
I checked everywhere to ensure that I wasn't using a name already in use and registered it purely to protect my chosen name.

Thanks for the concern but I was aware what I was doing and chose to do it. They never contacted me regarding it at all.

Rachel

This company offers protection against another nail technician passing off as you.

It does not legally stop another person trading under the same name as you.

It is an insurance type policy to protect you from legal fees if someone passes off as you and ruins your reputation and goodwill and suffered loss.

Latest posts

Back