How do I remove my nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliejugs

Reaction score
had my nails done at college last night by a student god what a mess, they were gel ones they are so thick and misshaped. i am trying to get them off with nail tip remover but they just wont budge

any thoughts on what to do

Are they definately soak off gel? Maybe they used the buff off type gel? Do you know what brand it was?

the gel used was the star nails one

Hi

I don't use star nails myself but have just googled it for you, it seems to be a buff off type so you could sit there all night with tip remover and get no where, lol. sorry xx

have you got files etc to take them down yourself? If not you mihgt be better off going to a salon. Were you training at college or a model?

You will need to buff it off I would just thin it down because you could end up damaging your nail if you file over the nail plate.

thanks for that.
will have to sit and buff my way through them now, while watching my prison break, (wentworth miller) ohhhhhhhhhhh

anyway back to nails will go and try that see if that works thanks
xxx

You're welcome. Have fun :) I think you're gonna be at it for a while if they're really that thick unfortunately. Good luck with 'em x

thanks for that.
will have to sit and buff my way through them now, while watching my prison break, (wentworth miller) ohhhhhhhhhhh

anyway back to nails will go and try that see if that works thanks
xxx

I have nothing to add...I just wanted to say.....mmmmm Wentworth....... we just had the season finale a couple weeks ago.....mmmmm Wentworth....:lick:

Are you sue you just want to buff them off yourself? I mean, if you're not happy, why don't you complain?

Are you sue you just want to buff them off yourself? I mean, if you're not happy, why don't you complain?

i might be wrong but i think she means another student did them for her....ie..both students at same school.

You know, even the most lumpy bumpy and misshaped nails can be made to look nice by re-buffing and re-shaping ... there is no need to go to the lengths of removing them. Use your eyes and smooth them down and re-shape.

Anyone who gets their nails done by a student runs the risk of them not being perfect ... because they are done by beginners not professionals. Hardly surprising really.

A lady came to me once after she'd had her nails done by a "trained" but new nail tech. The acrylic was thick, lumpy, and extended up onto the actual skin of her fingers, way beyond the cuticles :eek: :eek: However, having only had them done the day before, she was adamant she didn't want them removed.

I like a challenge but this was pushing it to the limit! Anyway, about two hours later (hard work) I had reshaped and thinned them all and they looked beautiful. She became a regular client.

So what I'm saying is, you ought to be able to get them looking a lot better, without taking them off, although it might take a long time! Good luck xx

You know, even the most lumpy bumpy and misshaped nails can be made to look nice by re-buffing and re-shaping ... there is no need to go to the lengths of removing them. Use your eyes and smooth them down and re-shape.

Anyone who gets their nails done by a student runs the risk of them not being perfect ... because they are done by beginners not professionals. Hardly surprising really.

LOl this was what I was going to suggest. You beat me to it geeg..:lol:
It is better to reshape them then to take them down to nothing. And it would make great practice for you also.

Latest posts

Back