How do I reply to this client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiv9mbs

Reaction score
I have never ever in my 4 years being open had a complaint from someone.
this client messaged me last week complaining 4 of her gelish nails had lifted 4 days after 4 days of me doing them.

I will paste my reply and her subsequent reply here. Can you advise how you would proceed or word my reply? I am currently off sick otherwise I would have asked her to come in so I could see her nails for myself.

My reply to clients initial complaint-

My sincere apologies for the delay in replying as I have been ill since last Tuesday.
Unfortunately a number of things external things can affect gel polish- Such as suncreams, hands in water all time, chemical exposure to cleaning products, long baths/showers , hand sanitiser, some medications etc.
You mention a few lifted after 4 days? As a rule that we were taught during our Gelish training (which luckily I've never had enforce) that up to 48 hours we accept responsibility but anything after that it is most likely to do with the clients nails ability to have gel polish on and lifestyle factors that I've listed above.
Im sorry that they have not lasted as well as you expected.

Clients response-

Thank you for your response which, I must admit, was very disappointing to read.

As much as I understand that there are numerous factors that affect the longevity of gelish nails, the facts are that I don't use hand creams, only take showers , have a washing machine and don't work manually. As for medication I use asthma inhaler and if that was to have such a massive impact I presume you would have asked the necessary questions. Per your own words at the time of the appointment, the nails should have lasted approx 2 weeks (although my last gelish nails some 5-6 years ago saw me through 3 weeks of holidays). The £18 nails lasted 4 days, ie less than my basic nail varnish purchased at Superdrug. The nails all started to curl up from the bottom of the nail, and by Friday night they were all off. I have consulted numerous forums and 2 of my friends in person, both of which use gel nails on regular basis, one of them applying gel nails for her friends and family. In short, everyone I spoke to suggested that clearly something has gone wrong in application.

I do not take pleasure in complaining and for me to contact you, asking for a refund (or credit for my next treatment), was a big decision.

I hope that, given all circumstances, you will reconsider and I will look forward to hearing from you.

-------------------------

I have racked my brain about PEP, application, lamp, products etc and I did nothing differently.
Please help!

Hahaha she consulted a home user who does "gel nails for her friends and family" for advice. And she last had her nails done 5-6 years ago. That says it all.

I'd be tempted to reply with...

"as per my previous message, unfortunately some people's nails are just not suited to gel nail polish. I am confident in my application and have never had a complaint in 4 years, and as you are confident that you followed my aftercare advice then I must assume that you are one of those people whose nails do not suit the product. You may wish to try (offer whatever you like here, acrylic, L&P, whatever) to reinforce your nails before another application of gel polish, or you may wish to have regular manicures to attempt to strengthen your natural nails, and if so, I'd be happy to offer a 10% discount on your next nail service with me. Best wishes".

Fantastic thank you! I stopped myself replying as I was really annoyed and knew I wouldn't reply properly lol! X

Latest posts

Back