How do I tip a bitten nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Has anyone got any photos of how to do this tipping a nail biter. I have studied the pic and tried it but i just cant seem to get it. I have looked at the pics and it doesnt seem to register. Can someone please explain it to me better,please. I really do think they should do this a bit better in colleges.
lol.x.

Has anyone got any photos of how to do this tipping a nail biter. I have studied the pic and tried it but i just cant seem to get it. I have looked at the pics and it doesnt seem to register. Can someone please explain it to me better,please. I really do think they should do this a bit better in colleges.
lol.x.

have you looked at this tutorial flower.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/5746-tipping-bitten-nail.html

i agree with ya 100% about the colleges, but i really dont think college has th e know how to be honest. when i went to college, they didnt even show us how to blend a nail tip correctly........................

Thanks. I will have another study.
Laws.x.:)

hi i trained with elida at capital hair and beauty and was taught that if the nail was badly bitten not to apply tips as
1-there is nothing for the products to hold on to
2-the tip needs to be the same size as the nail plate.if bitten too far down gone past the nail tip.
3-very low bitten nails cause witlows.you are unable to apply nails to this condition

hi i trained with elida at capital hair and beauty and was taught that if the nail was badly bitten not to apply tips as
1-there is nothing for the products to hold on to
2-the tip needs to be the same size as the nail plate.if bitten too far down gone past the nail tip.
3-very low bitten nails cause witlows.you are unable to apply nails to this condition
When you apply tips it's better to remove as much of the well as possible leaving more room on the nail for your product. Using curved scissors remove the well, leaving about 1-2mm to apply to the nail, then blend and apply product.
Have a look at the tutorial that Glynis gave the link to in her reply, it will allow you to see one of the best ways to tip a bitten nail.
hth's

Latest posts

Back