How do lash geeks keep tweezers clean!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choccycake

Reaction score
Hi
Well i've paid to go on AH Francis Lash course in May. I've been sent my kit and a rubber mannequin head to practice on until my training day.
I've been practising - it's fiddly!!, i'm getting a bit better thankfully - as initially I was ready to throw the head out the window!
I just wondered how other people doing lashes kept their tweezers free from teeny bits of glue during the treatment? i've found that tiny bits of glue get in-between my tweezers and make the lash stick to the tweezers pulling it from the lash (false lashes) when I take the tweezers away. I know i'm just starting and have sometimes used a teeny bit too much glue, but when I haven't this sometimes happens. Apart from having to stop to clean my tweezers after every couple of lashes anyone got any suggestions? I'm using AH Francis pro blend glue - no fumes but also very runny and not sticky at all.
Any help/advice would be really welcome thanks!
Choccy xx

I use acetone to clean my tweezers when they get mucky but if it happens when with a client then I'll quickly wipe the tweezer on either the protein remover pad I used or on the cover that covers my couch

Hth
X

I was trained to have a cotton pad ready with a tiny bit of lash remover on it - it brings thr glue straight off even if its set a little bit x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Someone told me a nail file but I ended up scratching my tweezers & they were expensive :-( so I just use acetone on a cotton pad x

I have a little dappen dish with a small amount of acetone in it. If this happens I just dip tweezers in for a few seconds and then wipe them with a tissue, it works a treat x

I usually just use my glue remover, but I might switch to acetone!

Hi again
Thanks for that, seems acetone on a pad seems the easiest way, i'd been using my remover but it's so expensive so i'll use the acetone instead.
Thank you xxx

All you have to do is use both pair of tweezers to clean each other by scraping them off each other while closing them, if that makes sense?

Its acetone for me in a dappen dish. Lash remover far too expesive to use x

I used a file and wrecked my tweezers lol buy you could just get cheap ones while you are new x the more you do the less you get glue on x

I use an alcohol wipe they're individually sealed so can just take a couple in a mobile kit with u instead of a bottle of acetone! Much easier for space.

Latest posts

Back