How do we stop ebay OPI sellers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people just don't get it do they???

Companies like CND support their professional technicians by producing all the treatments and products needed to enhance the professional's business and to keep the brands exclusive to you, the professional.

Some companies have 'sold out' and gone straight to the consumer (this means big bucks but dilutes the professional status of the brand). THIS is what makes them non professional products and now consumer brands.

If what you want in your salon is Rimmel and then have your clients go and buy it from Boots fine, but that is no way to build a buisiness where retail sales is the easiest way to make money in the salon, for doing nothing at all but telling your cleints about what you use and why you use it and what is in it for them to use it too..

My goal in my salon was that no new client left the salon without a retail purchase. In fact, my real goal was that no client left the salon with out a retail purchase ... retail was a huge part of my salon business and all my technicians were given courses to learn how to do it effectively. But the best advice if you want to retail well in your business (and who wouldn't) is to know your products inside and out ,,, the features, the benefits, the ingredients and how they work ... use them in the salon and be passionate about them.

I have actually had clients sit at my table, surrounded by retail items and ask me where they can buy Non Acetone Remover????? While 25 bottles of it sit next to me on the shelves. :rolleyes: You have to talk to the client about what you use instead of 'what you did last friday night'.

Mrs Geek said:
So by the last two comments - are we saying that if CND (or others) decided to put it's enamels in all and sundry - most wouldn't have a problem with it because the gen-pub wouldn't do as good as job as a pro in painting them - even though you (the professional) lost a potential sale to Boots/Asda/Superdrug etc??? I'm interested - I would have thought the majority would go ape if we did that:)

Hi

I am afraid Mrs geek that my cnd products would go into the clearance bucket!!

Lets keep it for us the professionals!

Little Angel said:
Hi

I am afraid Mrs geek that my cnd products would go into the clearance bucket!!

Lets keep it for us the professionals!
Exactly!!!:D

Sawasdee ka

The only REAL professional product we have are liquids and powders and gels they are sold for professional use only .

Nail color and all the treatments including cnd polish & sensations & solar oil etc are not professional products because they are sold to the customers from the salons .

Think about it how can they be professional products ?

Opi put there polish into all the big shops to sell public cnd techs sell from the salon to public it is no different they are not professional products .

The only professional products we have are liquids powders and gels because the non professional can not buy them .

Mui from the land of smiles

Thank you Mui but I am afraid you have missed my point! I guess it doesn't really matter at the end of the day! You have explained on many occasion how different things are for you in your country and so I value your opinion and wish you a lovely day!

Samantha from the land of Rain!!! (although NOT today:) )

Ooo, please, please, PLEASE don't sell out to the big stores!

I LOVE the CND brand and image - very chic and exclusive!

I was only thinking today that CND should win the award for being the smartest stand at Excel! That image would go straight down the pan if CND nail enamels were sold on the high street.

I agree with Little Angel - my polish would be staight in the bargain bucket too!

Karen
x

Listen Up Everyone :green: - WE HAVE NO INTENTION of selling to 'all and sundry' - the reason we got on to this topic was because of a valid point that Chris6080 made regarding (and I quote) OPI 'opening the floodgates to anyone (public and professionals alike) to purchase OPI polishes' - some 'professional nail teks don't seem to mind this whilst there were many that were unhappy with that decision! I have been interested in all points of view although a little confused by some!! :suprised: We are NOT going this route - in fact we have never discussed going this route because of OUR CUSTOMERS and because of (as I said before) all the hard we work we have put in to branding would be so seriously undone!!

Thanks for Listening:)

Hello

I know this will probably make me very unpopular however i am going to post it anyway.

Question: Would designer nails make the most profit from selling on QVC and boots etc or by keeping it exclusive for sale by professional nail techs aka us?

Soo obviously they would make more by going public, so they are obviously in business to make a profit so why on earth don't they go public?? i ask myself?? could it be because they want us "the professionals" to benefit from retail sales??

Maybe we are wording it wrong CND is a professional line that is sold exclusively through "professional" nail technicians!

You certainly don't need a certificate to rub your cucumber heel therapy in every night but its a far superior product than any you will find in boots, binns etc IMO, and we have the privilege of profiting from the sale of it!

Question: So why don't they go public and make quadruple the profits they are making now on there retail products??

Could it be that they actually care about our business and respect our industry enough to keep it exclusive???

Just to clarify i am not associated with designer nails in any way!
The reason i am posting is because i feel they are not being given the credit for remaining loyal to us the professionals and they have every right to make a profit! We don't work for nothing why should they??

Little Angel said:
Soo obviously they would make more by going public, so they are obviously in business to make a profit so why on earth don't they go public?? i ask myself?? could it be because they want us "the professionals" to benefit from retail sales??

The reason i am posting is because i feel they are not being given the credit for remaining loyal to us the professionals and they have every right to make a profit! We don't work for nothing why should they??

Well pointed out Tracy - I agree ;)

Hollyballoo said:
Well pointed out Tracy - I agree ;)

thank you paola! :o i will get off my soap box now!

And thank you to whoever gave me rep points much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back