How do we wear our nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carli.county

Reaction score
I'm new to this field. But the last time I had my nails done in acrylic, I found that it only took a drop of acetone or monomer to damage my nails. I still want to wear decrative nails and think it's good marketing, but of all the sytles of nails which stand up best to working with these chemicals daily? Hard gel? Gel polish? Dips? Press on?

I wear gel on my hands with no issues. I do wear gloves as well.

I wear gel and my nails last a good 2 weeks. My top coat is more of a hard gel - it needs to be buffed off and then the coloured coats and base can be soaked off.

When I’m handling acetone I’m careful not to “dip” my nails and I don’t do many gel manis or pedis so I don’t have any issues. Sometimes I get a bit of lifting and need to redo one or two nails but not routinely.

If you work with these chemicals extensively you should wear gloves. And never underestimate the advantages of a second coat of top coat.

I also do a clear gel overlay and then paint with regular polish. Leave to dry for 24 hours and then top coat with gel. I can buff off the top coat, wipe off the polish and infil the gel overlay without having to do a full removal. This saves me loads of effort looking after my own nails as I only need to do a full removal every 6-8 weeks and I don’t have to do all 10 nails in one go, I can just get away with doing 3-4 at a time.

Thanks everyone these were really helpful responses

Latest posts

Back