How do you achieve this look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosy cheeks

Reaction score
nails 2.jpgnails.jpg

Hi Guys.. I would love to do this, but i've no how it's done, any ideas?

x

Hi I have seen it called velvet nails, you can buy the "flyffy" stuff (also called cashmere) to put on the nails at Lilium Store, I don't know whereelse.
She also has a video to show how it is used as far as I can remember.

My concern with nails like this is hygiene, how do you handle them without the cashemere being a cosey nest for bacterias, they will get wet on several occasions. But that is probably just me..

Last edited:
Hi I have seen it called velvet nails, you can buy the "flyffy" stuff (also called cashmere) to put on the nails at Lilium Store, I don't know whereelse.
She also has a video to show how it is used as far as I can remember.

My concern with nails like this is hygiene, how do you handle them without the cashemere being a cosey nest for bacterias, they will get wet on several occasions. But that is probably just me..

Sam Biddle heads just introduced this to her range. Have a look in the Be Creative website :).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks so much for the info.. I can totally see how it would be a nightmare to wear on your nails, how do you wash your hands and it stay intact?! :eek: interesting..

Anyway i do love it, i think it looks gorgeous even though v unpractical!

I think I'd only have these nails for a special occasion like a wedding ect.. They do look beautiful though! x

Maybe this look achieved with the Flockaider kit? Flockaider

I was just going to say that it looks like "flocking" when I arrived at your post. You know that stuff from the scrapbooking department?

thanks for sharing GlamGlam
those handpainted nail roses with flock are gorgeous.
reminds me of quality modern flock wallpaper :lol:

I'm sure nsi do the product to achieve this think they call it cashmere nails x

I've just watched the Velena video clip on this thread and I noticed that the flock was set in the gel top coat when cured.

My question is, to set this in the top coat it needs to be one without the inhibition layer. The only one I can find is ECO top coat (not universal as this does have the inhibition layer) that is only suitable for hard gel or acrylic. Has anyone tried setting flock in gel top coat over natural nails and which one do you use?

I have searched lots of threads on here by the way! :)

I do this on my nails with flocking from the range! It's great I set it in uv top coat and when you wash your hands it stays put and actually dries really fast, like possibly is even waterproof?

The only thing is though where it's velvety it does attract little black wooly strands from your clothes and stuff, but just give it a brush with a nail brush and you're good to go :D x

I do this on my nails with flocking from the range! It's great I set it in uv top coat and when you wash your hands it stays put and actually dries really fast, like possibly is even waterproof?

The only thing is though where it's velvety it does attract little black wooly strands from your clothes and stuff, but just give it a brush with a nail brush and you're good to go :D x

Thanks! :)

So the UV top coat you use -does it have an inhibition layer than needs wiping? Surely, if it does, it spoils the effect of the flocking. Or does washing your hands wash the layer away and leave the flocking behind?

also, how long would you say it lasts in UV top coat? I'm using gel polish by the way not an acrylic or hard gel top coat.

I use Gellux top/base because it can go on natural nails but it is nicer to have a colour underneath because I find it starts to wear off at the tips, how quickly this happens I suppose depends on your lifestyle for me they stay perfect for about 3 days then start wearing.

I do my gel manicure then top coat, sprinkle this stuff on, cure, dab with sticky remover/IPA then wash my hands, paper towel or air dry hands because it picks up all the fluff off a regular towel.

There was a bit in scratch mag (February i think) about this stuff and I was like :O no way, I came up with that!
Lol I think we all tend to do these things around the same time.

It's really cute to do these and stick on little googly eyes coz then they look like muppets hehe x

I use Gellux top/base because it can go on natural nails but it is nicer to have a colour underneath because I find it starts to wear off at the tips, how quickly this happens I suppose depends on your lifestyle for me they stay perfect for about 3 days then start wearing.

I do my gel manicure then top coat, sprinkle this stuff on, cure, dab with sticky remover/IPA then wash my hands, paper towel or air dry hands because it picks up all the fluff off a regular towel.

There was a bit in scratch mag (February i think) about this stuff and I was like :O no way, I came up with that!
Lol I think we all tend to do these things around the same time.

It's really cute to do these and stick on little googly eyes coz then they look like muppets hehe x

I'll be getting my scratch mags out I think! Thanks for this.

I've ordered the velveteen range and will have a play with different applications etc., when I get it. Thanks again :)

Inspired by my favourite muppet :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348071337.415508.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348071337.415508.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 81
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348071347.182909.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348071347.182909.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 80
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348071359.924386.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348071359.924386.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts