How do you answer calls?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hey geeklets... How do you take calls when you're working etc?!

I just ask as we've set up alldayPA to take our calls and it's brilliant! They answer the calls however you want 24/7 and then email and txt me the details. I can then call them back when I'm free!

I don't miss any calls now and people think I have a proper PA! I pay per call which ISP like 75p per minute but my average bill is less than £30 so it's well worth it, just missing one client would lose me ten times that!

This is a great idea. I have thought about it but wondered how much it would cost. Does it work out a monthly amount the £30 you quoted?

This is a great idea. I have thought about it but wondered how much it would cost. Does it work out a monthly amount the £30 you quoted?

My bill is between £7-26 each month yes! Don't know how I managed without it!

They also do different packages depending on how many calls you get!

So if you ring them you can discuss the options. Oh I also forgot to say they can issue you with a local number as well as an 0845 so clients really won't know it's not your actual PA!

Ps mention my name and I think we both get a credit on the account.

We have an answer phone in the salon and as soon as a treatment is finished we call the client back. We also have a part time receptionists so obviously when she's at work she answers the phone.

We've always had an answer phone in the salons I've worked in but I love your all day PA.

We have an answer phone in the salon and as soon as a treatment is finished we call the client back. We also have a part time receptionists so obviously when she's at work she answers the phone.

We've always had an answer phone in the salons I've worked in but I love your all day PA.

I have one question for you on this, think when you last phones s company and it went through to their machine? How did you feel thinking about what you had to say and feeling self conscious as you dictated the message?
People generally hate answer machines.

Also, savvy customers are used to 'instant' access to information and will give up if that info has an extra step.

An example is 'contact us' on some big companies websites such as banks. It really winds me up having to dig around to get the right number!

The answering service stops that as the first thing they do is get a name and contact number. The rest is up to you to write the script for them.

I see it like this, before I had it I lost two clients who had called without leaving their number and never rang back. The missed revenue from each of these clients was enough to pay for the service for a year twice over! No brainier for me... Plus the added bonus is clients get the impression you're bigger than you are so it's a win win for me!

And finally, if you only get a few calls you only pay a small amount so you can see it up and see!

And I just remembered another point, my calls are in effect fielded so all the cold calls and sales calls I can just filter out and in evenings and weekends I can choose to return a clients call or wait until the next day!

I have one question for you on this, think when you last phones s company and it went through to their machine? How did you feel thinking about what you had to say and feeling self conscious as you dictated the message?

Also, savvy customers are used to 'instant' access to information and will give up if that info has an extra step.

An example is 'contact us' on some big companies websites such as banks. It really winds me up having to dig around to get the right number!

The answering service stops that as the first thing they do is get a name and contact number. The rest is up to you to write the script for them.

I see it like this, before I had it I lost two clients who had called without leaving their number and never rang back. The missed revenue from each of these clients was enough to pay for the service for a year twice over! No brainier for me... Plus the added bonus is clients get the impression you're bigger than you are so it's a win win for me!

And finally, if you only get a few calls you only pay a small amount so you can see it up and see!

And I just remembered another point, my calls are in effect fielded so all the cold calls and sales calls I can just filter out and in evenings and weekends I can choose to return a clients call or wait until the next day!

I should get a job in their sales team lol

I definitely think you have very valid points and you're correct in saying a lot of clients don't like answer machines. It's something to think about that's for sure.:biggrin:

Would never have thought of this. Great thread BotoxBoy!

No probs... I always presumed it to be really expensive but it's cheap as chips!

I really like the idea. I hate the fact I could miss calls 10 mins after we close, or during a treatment.

Its definitely something to look into in the near future.

X

My problem started as I still work full time in the NHS and can't just disappear if my mobile rings! So this solution fitted perfectly!

Also the girls in the salon we worked in would rarely get the number of people phoning despite my reminders! So I couldn't afford to waste any more time and money!

You can even get them to go through a price list etc or whatever you want. i get a text message now each time someone calls me and most people are impressed with how quickly you get back to them.

Oh and personally, its a bug bear of mine when small businesses use their mobile phone number as the only way of contacting them. It smacks of 'small business' to me, as does generic emails such as hotmail when it only costs less than £5 to set up any email of your choice!

So...on balance the whole thing is just so worth it for us!

First of all I would like to thank BotoxBoy for his wonderful words, it is always lovely to receive such fantastic praise,

I came across this forum, I actually work for alldayPA in the sales department and if any one has any questions on what packages we can offer to suit you I just wanted to say that you are more than welcome to get in touch by contacting me on 0845 056 8800 or emailing me at [email protected] make sure you quote BotoxBoy / Salon Geek I will be happy to help answer any questions that you may have!

Botox Boy, you really would work wonders as a member of the team! :wink2:

Warm Regards

Alia
alldayPA

Great thread thanks

Is there a minimum fee ie a flat fee regardless of calls?

Is there a minimum fee ie a flat fee regardless of calls?

Ken,

it would depend on your usage, we have a flat per minute option or you can pay per call or per day, it would depend on your use obviously the higher the call volume it would be better to be on per call per day

Where are you based?

Hi Essentia, we have a variety of call bundles to suit you, depending on your usage your spend would be dependant on the amount of calls that you would receive email me [email protected] for more info

Warm Regards

Alia

I definitely think you have very valid points and you're correct in saying a lot of clients don't like answer machines. It's something to think about that's for sure.:biggrin:

Would never have thought of this. Great thread BotoxBoy!

I really like the idea. I hate the fact I could miss calls 10 mins after we close, or during a treatment.

Its definitely something to look into in the near future.

X

Hi BABSann, Victoria 1984 & Jemima26

If you ever want some further information on the service feel free to contact me on [email protected] :biggrin:

Warm Regards

Alia

Hi All,

Glad people are finding this useful. I originally was scratching my head trying to think of a solution and even thought about getting my mum to answer calls but she's a childminder and I think the screaming kids in the background would put anyone off!

Anyways.... Just a quick request... I remembered ow that the give you £10 extra credit on your account if you tell the, you were referred by an existing customer of theirs so if you want that don't forget to tell them you heard about it from me, Adam Williams!

Hope it helps some of you get that extra bit of business we all need!

Oh. My. Good. LORD!

I had just been having a nose around (*angel*) my local salons. Of the ten that I phoned, I got an answer at two and an answering machine at one (which I HATE speaking into).

Seriously considering this service!

Latest posts

Back