How do you apply product nice and thin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I believe that I have a problem in terms of lifting because I am not applying my product (l&p) thin enough at the side walls and cuticle...could i be right here ??

However hard I try I cannot get my product seamless to the natural nail there's always that ridge to get over. My cuticle area is generally ok it's mainly the side walls- make sense?

Any tips greatly welcomed.

Sounds to me like the classic situation of you pressing with your brush while keeping the brush flat on the nail and the product squishes out to the sides leaving too much there.

You start by pressing with you brush flat in the centre of the nail, but as you move the bead out to the side walls, you must angle the flat side of your brush as you go so that the flat side is always follows the curve of the nail plate. That way, when you get to the side, the product will be forced back towards the centre of the nail!! Get it? Then brush back to the centre of the nail again and then move to the other side and back to the centre again.

These things are difficult to put into just words and a good demo would help you.

That makes sense - I'll have a go. Doing the Creative conversion in Plymouth in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll get a few of my creases ironed out then!!

Thanks Gigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back