How do you apply Shellac rockstars?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cre-8-nails

Reaction score
Hi I'm CND trained of 5 years and recently I invested in the shellac range including the lamp! I'd like to know how people are applying the rockstar do you used base,2layers of a shimmer polish, glitter then top coat or are you doing 1 layer of polish!

there is a video on youtube on that using shellac

Hi this is the process i follow

1 base coat - cure 10secs
2 colour - cure 2 mins each coat
Apply glitter
Apply top coat ( have a spare top coat for glitter use only ) cure 2 mins . May need to apply two top coats then clean with D sperse

Try not to apply glitter to heavy or it wont feel smooth after the top coat
Hope this helps

Hi I'm CND trained of 5 years and recently I invested in the shellac range including the lamp! I'd like to know how people are applying the rockstar do you used base,2layers of a shimmer polish, glitter then top coat or are you doing 1 layer of polish!

Hi I do rockstars all of the time with great success and this is what I do.

Base coat - cure 10 seconds
2 colour coats - I match the colour to the colour of the glitter that im using
scrub the glitter into the cured colour coat using a brush
then apply 2 coats of topcoat and cure for 2 mins
wipe with d sperse and oil

I have tried different ways and round this way looks the best and last longer as well, my clients love it.

You will need 2 topcoats to get the smooth feel and it last better too.

Also make sure you are using really fine glitter as well.

HTH.

Ax

I do base coat cure 10seconds, then glitter and 2 top coats , I don't think you need a colour base. If after first coat of top coat there are any missing glitter patches I re apply more glitter before the final top coat.

Check out the Fingernail Fixer's videos on YouTube. What Holly doesn't know is not worth knowing. She is a CND education ambassador and is great with all things Shellac.

I'll always use a colour coat when doing rockstar, even if it's just clearly pink. I then scrub the glitter into the sticky layer. X

I've just done my this morning LOL (ruby slippers! loving them)

Base - cure
1st colour coat - cure
2nd colour coat - dip into glitter & pat down - cure
Stiff brush to get rid of excess glitter
Top coat - cure

I always put glitter into uncured coloured coat so that it sticks really well once cured, then you can brush excess off and use normal top coat as you dont get any transfer. Because you've got rid of excess they dont need 2 top coats as the surface is smooth.

Karaxxx

I only do one color coat and try to match it to the color of glitter I am using.

I dont use any colour, just base, glitter and 2 coats of top

I do base coat cure 10seconds, then glitter and 2 top coats , I don't think you need a colour base. If after first coat of top coat there are any missing glitter patches I re apply more glitter before the final top coat.

You can apply glitter straight onto a clear base but yo wont get the best effect, it will be patchy, and if you add a colour coat underneath you get such a different look. try doing some different colours on a colour wheel and see what you like best. Ax

I've just done my this morning LOL (ruby slippers! loving them)

Base - cure
1st colour coat - cure
2nd colour coat - dip into glitter & pat down - cure
Stiff brush to get rid of excess glitter
Top coat - cure

I always put glitter into uncured coloured coat so that it sticks really well once cured, then you can brush excess off and use normal top coat as you dont get any transfer. Because you've got rid of excess they dont need 2 top coats as the surface is smooth.

Karaxxx

I used to do it this way too but found that because of the heavy glitter the shellac doesnt cure properly and starts to lift at the cuticle end. Others have also said that this is what happens to them, so now I put the glitter onto the cured coat and it sticks to the sticky layer and I dont have any problems.. ax

I used to do it this way too but found that because of the heavy glitter the shellac doesnt cure properly and starts to lift at the cuticle end. Others have also said that this is what happens to them, so now I put the glitter onto the cured coat and it sticks to the sticky layer and I dont have any problems.. ax

Oh right, I've not had any problems so far but thanks for the heads up I'll look out for it :biggrin:

Karaxxx

Thanks guys il try the 2 coats of colour!, you geeks are so helpfully thank you so much cx

I'm finding rockstars really popular for toes for summer!

You should totally do the new CND Nail Art class where you will learn so many new things including hands on RockStars.
Contact S2 to get details of the nearest Academy.

Is that the master painter? X

No they are different classes x

Yes, I have done quite a few of them, just not shellac with CND! I just wanted to know what other people do with regards to the coats of polish when using rockstar! I

Is that the master painter? X
The master painter is a separate class to become a master in natural nails including colour and effects and shellac.
We have 2 certified Shellac classes.
The 3 hour original Shellac brings them back which is the science behind shellac and french, colour application and hints, tips and troubleshooting.
Then we have the new Shellac art styles class which is a 6 hr class that is hands on art with shellac, which covers Rockstar, crystals, carving, marbling, blending, layering, foiling matt effect etc etc
Both hugely popular and very informative.
Jen x

Latest posts

Back