How do you apply your colour when doing a root stretch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandahartly

Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone else does it?
I part hair in to 4, then do Diagonal slices, and across the parting I do it horizontally starting at the crown working towards the front.
My friend backcombs each section then applies tons of colour to the back combed bit? X

I section hair into four parts and start at the bottom working my way up I find doing it this way stops the other hair getting any root colour on it X

Very similar to me! X

Just wondering how everyone else does it?
I part hair in to 4, then do Diagonal slices, and across the parting I do it horizontally starting at the crown working towards the front.
My friend backcombs each section then applies tons of colour to the back combed bit? X
Same :)

Same as you I meant not the backcombing thing that's just wiered I never understand why people Blackcomb when colouring! You'd need to comb it out before you wash it surely?!

I've never asked that! [emoji23]x

I think the back comb idea was used early doors, when doing an ombre, to help diffuse and blend, eliminating any demarcation lines.
The idea worked .....except it was a mare at the basin!!!:p

I think the back comb idea was used early doors, when doing an ombre, to help diffuse and blend, eliminating any demarcation lines.
The idea worked .....except it was a mare at the basin!!!:p

Spent an hour getting the backcombing out[emoji24][emoji24] you get a right sweat on as well you feel like theres no tomorrow[emoji23][emoji23]

I backcomb if just doing an ombré backcombing then balayage up to the backcombing looks lovely really subtle, I never brush It at before shampooing I just rinse then apply conditoner and smooth it out then shampoo and tone as normal

I backcomb if just doing an ombré backcombing then balayage up to the backcombing looks lovely really subtle, I never brush It at before shampooing I just rinse then apply conditoner and smooth it out then shampoo and tone as normal

Except no-one back combs like an '80's chick!....:p
Trust me....my basin experience was something else!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek: That can't be nice!

Latest posts

Back