How do you assess your maximum mobile areas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I just got a call from a girl that lived the other side of Huddersfield and it was too far for me to travel at 11 miles...

(Ohh just thought any mobile technicians in that area needing a client I can pass the name and number on)

anyway what I am thinking is how do I find out about maps with postcodes on so I can check where I go upto - do the library stock them?

I know you can get them from the PO but they are very expensive (£100)

When I am at the office (boring day job) I can check on multimap but I dont use the internet at home or broad band for that matter so I cant check at the time of the call, so that's only okay some of the time....

So I need a list so I can check instantly whey they call, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find this info out for my patch...

Thanks

I think A-Zs have them on. At least, my A-Z of Preston I'm pretty sure had boxes on the pages that split the areas up into the first section of their postcode, if you see what I mean?
Otherwise an option I guess is to make your own map during office hours (hmm, naughty!) using Streetmap and joining all the sections together?
HTH
x

Well ladies I dont know if I am going mad but neither of these two mapping sites show postcode refs on their maps when I look at them...

You can obviously do a search but if i am out and about this is of no use...I will try the library, thanks for the input though

I use www.royalmail.com once you register you can search post codes or addresses for post codes.

Hope this helps

TTFN Lorna

Thanks Lorna, but I am after a non-electronic option...

But I will use this aswell

Just to add onto this how far do you travel as standard to the max? 4 miles 8 or more??

Please do tell

Hi,

I judge each case on an individual basis. I don't state how far I will travel in fear it will lose me valuable business. When a client phones up, if all they want is an eyebrow shape but they live 8 miles away then I will not do it as it is now worth my while however if they phone up and they want one of the more expensive treatments, or a pamper party etc etc then I judge there and then whether it will be worth my while in time. This has proved worth while as I have had a few clients phone from 8 miles away who intially just wanted an eyebrow shape, but when I state this was out of my area or my minimum call out amount was xyz, they have decided to have a manicure as well! I have turned clients away before as I thought it was too far, but when I've worked it out, some of the times it would have been worth it which is why I now judge each case on its own. The other thing to think about as well, is that these people may become regulars...

Hope this helps.

Fab Freak said:
I just got a call from a girl that lived the other side of Huddersfield and it was too far for me to travel at 11 miles...

(Ohh just thought any mobile technicians in that area needing a client I can pass the name and number on)
Another tangent from me... :o this made me think - is it possible for this site to have a section where we can refer clients (who ring for an appt but are out of our areas) to other tech's if each tech registers the system(s) they use / experience / area they cover etc??? Just a thought - what does anyone else think? Is there any IMPORTANT geeks reading...?

I state on my website that i will travel an 8 mile radius i think it is,( can't remember at the mo...oops) either that or 6 miles. The way i look at it you have to make sure its really worth your while to spend out extra on petrol, carry everything there and back, setting up etc. Its all time and money, so i think personally its better to have a radius, but if someone wants alot done and would make it worth your time to do then you can do it.

Lets face it your not really gonna say to someone, sorry you are .5 of a mile too far. It does depend on the individual and what they want.

I tend to travel all over the place but i find it brings me some fantstic bookings as people get to know you, they tell there friends then one booking soon becomes a tripple rebalance.

I have found nails to become addictive. Your sets tend to sell them selves and if your good it will be no time before you build multiple bookings in the same area, then it becomes worth your while to expand your coverage.

The more people who know what you do the more work you will get.

Latest posts

Back