How do you boost your confidence?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhiffy

Reaction score
Have a lady who keeps coming back to me but complains all the time about her nails, too long, too short, she picks at them in front of me, doesnt even realise shes doing it which leas to lifting and chipped acrylic. The fact she comes back makes me think that i cant be THAT bad but shes really bashing my confidence to the point that i get really nervous now.

if she's the only one with problems, lifting, etc, and plus you know the cause and you KNOW it's her fault and not yours, why do you care, in a matter of confidence only I mean?

of course it sucks because she may say where she got her nails done and in term of reputation it may be bad, but not just your confidence.

if you lose some confidence you have to identify your weaknesses and strength, write them down, first what you can make better and then what is good (in these words) and then list what you can do to make better, ie a 121...

and to boost your confidence, your best bet is to challenge yourself. if you feel like it, enter a comp!! or compete yourself printing perfect sets (ie winning sets) and try to redo them, pict them and use them for your cards..

do you work mobile or alone?
sometimes it can be hard, I'm lucky I am in a team so there is always someone to cheer me up if I fail something

Read this http://www.salongeek.com/business/51249-show-you-confident-yourself-your-work-some-tricks.html

the 2nd half of the article applies to you.

Another thing that I have found works like a charm is the next time the client complains ... say to her ...

"You know what? I think I should soak off your nails today because you really do not seem to be getting on with them and I think a soak off and a manicure might be the answer."

The client in a horrified voice will say, "But I LOVE my nails, we can't do that. I adore them."

You will say, "Well you never sound like you adore them and you always seem to tell me about problems rather than that you love them. Don't you think a soak off and manicure would be a better solution?"

She will say NO! and she will forever after shut up complaining. :lol: Works every time.

WONDERFUL! Thank you, feel better already. When you work on your own you get despondent sometimes and im a total perfectionist so everything has to be just right, which can lead to me getting frustrated when its not. I also tend to do the drama queen bit "oh im terrible, i should give up" but again i think thats being on my own too much :D

Thanks Geeks, this site is a Godsend :hug:

I had one lady who was biting the sides of her nails before I'd even packed away my gear !!! I told her off in a poliite way, she thought it was funny and said "oh they will be off by tomorrow" Came away thinking, she's got more money than sense!

If you can afford to do it then lose her. Let another tech put up with it.
If not do as Gigi says but if she's upsetting you too much it's really not worth it.
Maybe you could be fully booked or recommend another tech when she next rings?
One client is undermining your confidence and skill and you have to ask yourself if it's worth it and can she change?
Like I say, if you can, give Gigis advice a go, but sometimes you have to say no.
I used to have a client that every time I left her house I would hold the tears back until I got home. SHE wanted something that I wasn't prepared to do and could not compromise. I refused to do nails with white halfway down her nails etc.
It was easier to lose her in the end x

Read this http://www.salongeek.com/business/51249-show-you-confident-yourself-your-work-some-tricks.html

the 2nd half of the article applies to you.

Another thing that I have found works like a charm is the next time the client complains ... say to her ...

"You know what? I think I should soak off your nails today because you really do not seem to be getting on with them and I think a soak off and a manicure might be the answer."

The client in a horrified voice will say, "But I LOVE my nails, we can't do that. I adore them."

You will say, "Well you never sound like you adore them and you always seem to tell me about problems rather than that you love them. Don't you think a soak off and manicure would be a better solution?"

She will say NO! and she will forever after shut up complaining. :lol: Works every time.

Ooooh! I love this answer. I'll file it away in my bag of tricks in case I ever need to use it.

Latest posts

Back