How do you clean your make up brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemmiLou

Newbie Nail Tech
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was just wondering how you all clean your make up brushes after use? I have recently bought the ELF antibacterial make up brush cleaner but at £8 a pop I think its quite expensive. Do you have any other ideas on anti bac soaps i can use to clean them?

I get spots on my chin every so often which absolutely do my head in and make me feel very self conscious so I am trying everything I can to prevent spreading them by cleaning my brushes every other day.
There must be a cheaper way that I dont know of!

Any help would be appreciated! :confused:

A I ussually use what ever cleaner that the brand of brush is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how you all clean your make up brushes after use? I have recently bought the ELF antibacterial make up brush cleaner but at £8 a pop I think its quite expensive. Do you have any other ideas on anti bac soaps i can use to clean them?

I get spots on my chin every so often which absolutely do my head in and make me feel very self conscious so I am trying everything I can to prevent spreading them by cleaning my brushes every other day.
There must be a cheaper way that I dont know of!

Any help would be appreciated! :confused:

For my personal ones I use mac brush cleaner every day then wash them all with baby shampoo once a week xx

Elf anti bac cleaner and a silicone makeup brush mitt

Surgical spirit...best thing I've ever used & the only thing that lifted the staining from EL Double Wear

Baby shampoo!!! Gentle on the bristles and very inexpensive. After you wash just make sure your brushes and facing upside down so the water dripping does not ruin the metal piece below the bristles.

I use parian spirit or other brush cleanser to spot clean. Baby shampoo to deep clean.

if you think your make up application could be to blame, make sure that any brushes that go on your spots are cleaned after every use with something anti bacterial. It's not expensive at all this way, I use the MAC one and it lasts a long time, even with daily use. Also, do not keep dipping brushes into your concealer, remove some first then did the brush into that instead. If you have a concealer with a wand attached, never put that straight onto your face.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back