How do you deal with a 'trier'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriabar

Reaction score
Now I write it, trier doesn't even look like a real word!

Anyhow... I did a girls nails for prom last Tues, prom was Fri..
She had found a pic online and I managed to replicate it totally - she was over the moon.

Now when going through aftercare verbally and explaining about breakages, times, costs etc her dad started laughing and said she's never been able to keep nails on, always breaking them off within days..
*She's always worn false nails, never enhancements*
On leaving I gave her a card with aftercare on.

I see a message on FB by chance, her slagging off my work... She hadn't bothered messaging me or letting me know prior to this.
Someone told her to take off the message as it was slander and she did, she then started messaging me...

Apparently she's done nothing, even getting her mum to wash her hair.
She said all the gems/bow fell off taking not only the polish but gel enhancement too. (bows attached with acrylic ball)
P!us other stuff!!

I explained that if the nails were faulty then the glitter nails would be chipped/broken too.

Now she swears these haven't been touched... What do you think??

Attachments

• 1404166115355.jpg
    1404166115355.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 1404166129759.jpg
    1404166129759.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 511
She has picked them herself!!! I'm a picker and that's what mine go like!
Deffo a chancer!
Xx

Sent from the catphone

Definitely been picked! It makes me laugh that clients actually think nail techs buy this rubbish.

From what her dad said, it was inevitable it was going to happen. What a shame.. They were beautiful nails.

Last edited:
I too would say she has deffo picked them! Xx

As if! She's been biting them for sure!! What does she do? work on a construction site? Doubt it!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheers geekies :)
Pretty much my opinion, she hasn't outright requested they be changed, sorted out or refunded... None of which will be done.

She's lied to me about them and another tech who she was slating me to, who happens to be my friend ;)

Silly girl, I knew she only wanted them on for just prom as she has a wedding to attend soon and is already booked in with another tech, I gave her safe removal recommendations as she just bites/pulls her falsies off.

Ah well, its always good to know my opinion is the same as others... In the few years I've been doing nails this was my first public slating.

Hope you're feeling ok Vix. Don't let them grind you down. . (Can't imagine that happening though). I'll refer nails to you from here on in. I just turned two prom girls away and all nail services are coming of my menu. I will never like doing them, ever.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

She has def bitten/picked at them. Looking at the nails she has tried to get the 3d work off because there are chunks of enhancement missing around where the 3d pieces were. 3d bows (and flowers etc) can be a right pain and get snagged when washing your hair and doing day to day things (ive cursed them myself) - she obviously got sick of it and tried to get it off but took enhancement with her.
I had a moment or two I doubted myself with people like this but now I say to everyone during consult - I can make your nails look stunning, but keeping them that way once you leave here is entirely in your hands.
There will always be those that will say "I didnt do ANYTHING" and refuse to take responsibility - I swear some people think enhancements are some sort of military grade armour that is completely indestructible :rolleyes:

Bev you know me, I wouldn't let this lil oik grind me down ;)
I was mildly pissed at seeing her FB comment tho.
Especially as I travelled to Calshot FOC for her.
Yes please, send your prom gals my way x
Its a shame you and nails can't be friends, you have a lovely nail set up!

Bare beauty' everything you said I said too, I reminded her that during her appointment we talked about the fact if the bows/gems fall off or nails break in two days she can have up to 4 repaired free, anymore or after this time was her own doing and had to be completely paid for.
For every message she send me I had a lengthy exlpainitary reply outlining our conversation.

As she was trying to blame my work and saying the gel just fell off I replied a nice bit about trying acrylic next time as it may suit her needs more (her buddies are all nail bar gals but limited to art)
I left it with 'unfortunately not every product suits everyone' and I've had nothing since

Latest posts

Back