How do you destress?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgloverfam

Reaction score
You've had an extremely long day..... you feel like you've done every set of hands in your township!! Exhausted, sleepy, back aching, brain completely drained, how do you wind down for the evening?? Do you have a ritual?

My busiest days are Fridays an Saturdays. It takes me an hour to get home, and then I have to be Mommy to two very active toddlers. I'm tired, achy, and I feel like I've got a coat of "salon sweat" all over my body...lol. The best thing that works for me is to immediately run bath water with aromatherapy oils in it....or have the hubby do it. And just soak for about 30 minutes while praying, and thanking God that I made it through the day...lol. This boosts me up enough to play with the kids, do dinner, an then give the hubby some TLC.

What's your ritual for destressing? Thanks for sharing!!

I like to cook - figuring out what we are having for dinner and putting it together relaxes me - strange as it sounds that is how I destress!!!:rolleyes: I cook from scratch as opposed to buying pre made meals - I tried to give the boys tinned mac cheese once and they wouldn't eat it - they like mum's better!! :)

Believe it or not I distress by playing with the kids Lol
All the board games come out and I just chill for an hour or 2 :cool:
Oh and Samantha my kids are just the same when it comes to food, No processed food consumed by either of them (serves me right for always cooking good food ) Lol

I myself play musical instruments. I find a quick fifteen minutes on my keyboard soon relaxes me and a nice glass of wine or a wife beater!!!!!.

liz MASSAM said:
a nice glass of wine or a wife beater!!!!!.
that totally cracked me up - I wonder if the yanks use that expression?? I don't think so, so for the US teks - 'wife beater' is a can of beer - generally Stella I think is known as that....ahhh still laughing!!! :)

Relaxing?????????????? whats that? lol.

After a long day at my nail bar, when i feel like my skin is ingrained with dust and my lip goss has reduced to feelin like sawdust, i come home make a cup of tea and have a nice bath, a long bath would be nice but the kids are in and out and half killing each other, so its a quick one!
On saturday night's me and the kids all get our pj's on order pizza and watch dvd's, normally several, so they all get there choice, thats my favourite relaxing evening, no work or getting the kids up for school the next day, so nothing to worry about, just pure relaxation, me, my kids and a bit of help from disney!!
Love Paula x

I ususally come home and throw myself on my bed!

The animals come for a bit of loving, and then when I am relaxed, and it's safe my boyfriend comes round! :lol: (He usually gives me an hour to destress! :lol: )

Then he says that Sundays are my day seen as though it is my only day off so I get to choose what we do!

So far we have gone to Roundhay Park, and Bolton Abbey. The other Saturday night we went and stayed in a B&B in Cleethorpes, went for to an Italian, then spent the following day on Hornsea beach! :cool:

On Saturday I am taking a break and we are going camping for the weekend. It is a suprise so he won't tell me where we are going, all I know that it is somewhere nice!

Our rule is to never go to the same place twice so that we are always excited about where we are going that day.

Okay, so non of the above is the Caribbean. . . . . . . . but every Monday morning I feel like I have had a lovely break and I am ready to take what ever my customers have to throw at me!

To me a day away from it all with my Mr, no matter where it is, is the perfect way to de-stress after a tough week. ;)

(Go on gag! :lol: :lol: )

Victoria x

I like to relax by having a long soak in the bath and a bit of pampering on myself, then change in to some comfy pyjamas and relax in fron t of the TV with plenty of magazines then a romantic or sad film with lots of ice cream and plenty of sweets and nibbles, with my hubby of course. I know that sounds slobby but I don't do it very often and its really good when I know I don't have to get up early the next day and I know we can go to bed late and have a bit of a lie in. Heaven!

I take my horse out for a nice long ride and tell him all about the day and how mad some customers drive you. Luckly he never tells anyone!!!

I relax in the front of the TV too with my husband and have nibbles and wine! I always want come home and do my nails or look after my feet or do something but I am never in the mood to pamper myself when I have been doing it all day for everyone else! I need a pampering!! He, he, he! I am going away to a lovely Hotel in the New Forest in October for a weekend and I definately plan on pampering myself then as they offer in-room beauty and massage treatments, so I will be the one getting the pampering this time! Can't wait!!!!!!!

Gin & Tonic, loads of ice and slice of lime then put my feet into a bowl of water with a fizzy bomb to soak, whilst watching my fav telly...

Mrs Geek said:
I like to cook - figuring out what we are having for dinner and putting it together relaxes me - strange as it sounds that is how I destress!!!:rolleyes: I cook from scratch as opposed to buying pre made meals - I tried to give the boys tinned mac cheese once and they wouldn't eat it - they like mum's better!! :)

Oh I too love to cook, I thought I was the only one left on the planet that didnt buy ready meals or processess food lol

My favourite is chicken breast flattened smeared with cream cheese and spring onions then wrapped in bacon, baked in the oven and served with a cheese sauce (home made) again with spring onions and fresh vegies...of course its not Calorific at all lol

Hi there

It's a shame you are in Chicago! I'd offer to give you an Indian Head Massage, which involves massage to the upper back, neck, upper arms, scalp and face, listening to relaxing music! It's a great treatment to get rid of stress, tension and to help you relax and even sleep better!

Deb379

Fab Freak said:
Oh I too love to cook, I thought I was the only one left on the planet that didnt buy ready meals or processess food lol

My favourite is chicken breast flattened smeared with cream cheese and spring onions then wrapped in bacon, baked in the oven and served with a cheese sauce (home made) again with spring onions and fresh vegies...of course its not Calorific at all lol
Thanks you've just solved my 'what shall I cook tonight?' problem!! :D

geeg said:
Thanks you've just solved my 'what shall I cook tonight?' problem!! :D

Your welcome, I use 3 types of cheese in the sauce to give it a real zing...but is nice without too for the lower fat version, then serve with salad....

PS I tie mine up with string to stop it opening up while cookin, but I guess you'd would of done that anyway :o

Just one word...... CAVA!!!!!

geeg said:
I hope it's Spanish!!! :)

O but of course! I sometimes pretend I'm realllly posh and get the Cristal Cava so I can say I've had Cristal!!! Cheat??? me?? never! :)

mine is really un healthy
when the kids go to bed i get my ash tray (uk i know) packet of fags........
then i come on here and read all the posts
hope i am not a saddo but thats what helps me wind down after a day trying to stop my 3 boys fighting and wrecking my furniture.
my hubby works away and coming on here stops me feeling lonely at night.
p.s i do have friends :p

Latest posts

Back