How do you determine your prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophia

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted before! I'm going to be moving into my new room soon and there are two other salons in my area. One pretty cheap (too cheap I think!) and one more expensive. How do I decide my prices? I was thinking maybe somewhere in the middle?

Sorry if this has already been posted before! I'm going to be moving into my new room soon and there are two other salons in my area. One pretty cheap (too cheap I think!) and one more expensive. How do I decide my prices? I was thinking maybe somewhere in the middle?

You need to take into account price per treatment, overheads and how much other salons in your area charge. Don't go just based on how much other salons charge. They may use cheap products hence they can charge a cheaper rate. If you are using similar products and deem your services are better and receive better client care then charge higher. Also, just a thought, if you do offer similar treatments, go and have one done at your rival salon, see how they do it and what you would do to improve to ensure clients are coming back to you :)

cost of product used per treatment, time it takes to do treatment and what you want your hourly rate to be plus a profit percentage(you pick your profit margin)

forget what others are charging - work out what you would like to charge first and then look at competitors, maybe offer a huge discount for a month or so to get ppl in the door and see that your prices without the discount is still value for money...the hard part is getting them thru the door, getting them to stay and keep coming back should be easy

Latest posts

Back