How do you display your nail pops?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I have nail pops showing all my basic Shellac colours and several layered options too, but if I also did them to show all glitter and additive options there would be hundreds!

So how many do you actually have prepared and how do you display them to your clients without overwhelming them?

At fist, I just had them all on one wheel. Now that the collection's growing too big for one big ring wheel, I've started separating additives and glitters onto one wheel because some of my clients are very anti glitter/shimmer. There's still a lot of choice so I usually just leave the wheel in their hands, but ask what sort of color/look were they thinking of going and help them pick.

I've looped mine onto a ribbon so I can place them in my case, and it's easy to untie and add more if I need to:)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409577117.755601.jpg

I've just ordered one of these granite stands through a lady on Facebook, think its a brill idea :) Xx

I have mine on ribbons in colour themes: delicates; nudes and pinks; earth to fire; brights; dramatics.

I present them to clients and demonstrate that there is a bit of overlap between themes - so the nudes and pinks have a few that could be in delicates or brights, the pinks have some very deep pigment tones which are as powerful as the reds in the earth to fire. I watch the client's response and discard any selections that seem a big turn off. I find that clients want to have the option of lots of choice but actually will only consider quite a narrow range of colours.

I also paint up colour wheels putting complimentary colours together which shows off colours really well. I slip in a few colours which haven't been chosen for a while and always get a take up on these! I can use a colour wheel to pick out colours of the season and to refresh the presentation. That way when the weather is a bit cold and grey I have a perfect edited selection of colours which just seem "right" and clients are always happy - I often get other clients in the salon opting for a quick file and polish once they see the nail pops spread out for someone else.

How about something like this? It's called a Nail Display Tree and looks like it has plenty of nails to colour. You could have one or two on, or next to, your table and I don't think it would take up too much space.

I'm mobile at the minute so only bring a small wheel with colours on and put pictures of my art, ombre and layering on my phone and let my clients look through to see a fuller selection of choices.

Attachments

• Nail Tree.jpg
    Nail Tree.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 294
How about something like this? It's called a Nail Display Tree and looks like it has plenty of nails to colour. You could have one or two on, or next to, your table and I don't think it would take up too much space.

I'm mobile at the minute so only bring a small wheel with colours on and put pictures of my art, ombre and layering on my phone and let my clients look through to see a fuller selection of choices.

That tree is AMAZING. Being mobile, I couldn't kart it around though, so I just use the ones with the screw through them. I have about 80 odd now.

Most clients are fine, but the odd one is overwhelmed. It's ono lasting 2 week, I'd HATE to see them choose a tattoo :roll eyes: that's when I section them into 5 and asks them to choose one out of 5, then one out of the next five etc etc until we narrow it down to one!

I have about 150-175 different colour pops on 4 jump rings with my colour, glitter & additive combinations which I coordinate into colour based themes.

I find it good to have the glitter and additive selections on the same ring as clients don't always know they want something like glitter until they actually see it. If I said "would you like to see my separate glitter selection, oh and by the way it costs extra" they'd just say no (known from experience). So I just fan them out (my "extras" have a star sticker on them and I've previously explained what that means so they don't get a shock) and then let them decide what they want. So many times they choose something "extra".

Karaxxx

So how do you decide themes? Maybe nudes and golds, pinks and reds, darks etc?
What about nail art - do you display that separately?
I think I'm a little OCD if I'm honest lol and I have a feeling that no matter how I try and categorise them all I won't end up happy with it :rolleyes:

Aw Pure I know what you mean, I'm forever rearranging them and when I recently added a new jump ring I spent ages trying to decide how to break up the collections. I've got; purple/blues, reds/pinks, orange/nude/white/silver/blacks, brown/gold/yellow/greens.

I have nail art examples on another jump ring.

Karaxxx

Where do you buy those large rings for them? My pops came with the rod and screw which I hate so I have mine on a chain now but it's a bit flimsy.

Where do you buy those large rings for them? My pops came with the rod and screw which I hate so I have mine on a chain now but it's a bit flimsy.

You can get scrapbook rings and they are hinged like that and you just slide the pops on.

Much prefer them to the hinged ones. Reasonably priced too xx

You can get scrapbook rings and they are hinged like that and you just slide the pops on.

Much prefer them to the hinged ones. Reasonably priced too xx

So somewhere like Hobbycraft then?

You can get the rings from Staples and WH Smiths x

So somewhere like Hobbycraft then?

Or the wonderful world of eBay. Sorry. Thought I had put that down. Obviously thought it but didn't say it! Xx

Latest posts

Back