How do you do it????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twotooty2fruity

Reaction score
I've seen some beautiful 3d nail art on this site and would love to know how it is done.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ta. x

:)

Hi There,
By using acrylic I beleive..do a search for 3D Art or look through the archives there are a few threads on this topic... :p

twotooty2fruity said:
I've seen some beautiful 3d nail art on this site and would love to know how it is done.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ta. x

:)

Hiya,
Right to do 3D Nail Art, You use liquid and powder to make different shapes eg;Flowers, Animals..........
Firstly say you want to do a butterfly design, You would paint the nail with what ever colour you wish to use, Blue shades are good if doing this design.
Then get a slightly curved object, I use a wine bottle Lol :lol: cover with one layer of cling film.
Next take a bead of L&P and place onto cling film press down and shaped with brush, Do this 4 times to create a butterfly shape.
Allow L&p to dry, then paint i use water based acrylic paint :cool:
You can then gently peel your butterfly off and apply it to nail with another small bead of L&p, Allow to stick, Then paint over with top coat :)
You will now have a 3D design :) You can do this technique with most shapes, If doing flowers they can be built up straight onto the nail, using small beads to create petals.
Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks, you make it sound easy but i'm sure it's not. I'm gonna give it a go next week, if they're any good i'll post some piccies. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back