How do you do it ?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelaznailz

Reaction score
As I'm snowed under, I'm having to work extra days this week and was wondering -
Is everyone busier because the party season is upon us and, if so, how do you fit new customers in around the regulars?
Do you open more days / work longer hours / or take on more staff ?
Or all of them !!!!!! :rolleyes:

My regulars get first pick of all appointments. Then if I have time left I fit in new people. I am the only nail girl in our shop so I'm already busy. I sometimes add extra days or sometimes just a few hours.

Firstly try to convince y our regulars that they do not all have to have their nails done the week before Xmas:lol:. If they all pile in before Xmas then you are DEAD after Xmas as they all wait 3 weeks for their next appointment!

Get some PopIts so you can offer full sets in 30 minutes!! This will free up time and make you more money.

If I had to work extra hours (which I did) I just did so and was glad to have the extra revenue. LOVED every minute.

As I'm snowed under, I'm having to work extra days this week and was wondering -
Is everyone busier because the party season is upon us and, if so, how do you fit new customers in around the regulars?
Do you open more days / work longer hours / or take on more staff ?
Or all of them !!!!!! :rolleyes:

Some years ago I worked the Saturdays and Sundays in December. Now I don't, except from the last Saturday before Christmas. The week before Christmas I work evenings every day, just to get all the regulars in, who booked their appointment in August. I don't take new clients, so it's only regulars. IF I had taken new clients, and needed them, I would have worked the *** off myself now.

I don't work Christmas Eve or the two days after, nor do I work New Years Eve or the day after, so I need to work the little extra to keep my budget, and do it happily.

C.

i always work 9am-8pm every day the week before christmas i make sure all my regulars are booked up in advance so that i know where i can put the new clients HTH :hug:

Get some PopIts so you can offer full sets in 30 minutes!! This will free up time and make you more money.

I got my PopIts delivered on Saturday - I just need more time to practise a bit more .........then I'll be sorted!
Like most great ideas - PopIts is a simple one, with not too much 'faffing' about.
Thanks for advice. :wink2:

I got my PopIts delivered on Saturday - I just need more time to practise a bit more .........then I'll be sorted!
Like most great ideas - PopIts is a simple one, with not too much 'faffing' about.
Thanks for advice. :wink2:

Hey Angela....how's sunny Millport?
Glad you've got your popits, give me a call if you need any help:)

Regarding hours...just do it....accept you need to do the extra time but enjoy the Christmas atmosphere and chat with your clientele (and the extra money too:lol:) and start building relationships in the hope that your 'new temporary' clients will turn into long-termers after the festive season, or at least know how good you are and come back for their birthday or send someone else for theirs:wink2::wink2:

I always make sure my regulars are booked in well in advance for the festive season. I then tend to work all the hours god sends!! "Make hay while the sun shines" as they say, by banking the extra money earned.

The busy festive period leads into the usually slower January and gives you a chance to rest without having to worry about a reduced income.

I've been telling my regulars since OCTOBER to book early for the holiday season.

Last year, I had several one-off's/newbies that booked in the holidays, and those that didn't book in advance missed the boat.
This year, they know how busy as I am since on the odd occasion when someone wanted to reschedule, it wasn't as easy for them to get a slot they wanted as it used to be.

So, when I urged them to book right away, they did just that.
Now, whatever spots are left (which, are VERY few..) will go to any late one-off's/newbies or emergency repair jobs. All my regulars are well taken care of.

All my regulars are pretty happy with having booked in advance. There's only a small handful that usually wait till the last minute.. and they'll find out the hard way I suppose. They were warned, not much I can do.

Last year, I worked Xmas eve & New Year's eve.
This year? H**L NO!.. I have actually booked myself days off this year, to enjoy my family.
ESPECIALLY since this is the first xmas in 6yrs that my hubby has holidays during the season, and we'll have time together. (He recently changed jobs to a company that shuts down the week of xmas & some of new years)

A few regs are 'put out' that I won't book certain days as I've pencilled them as 'holidays'. Oh well. I'm NOT budging.
Everyone else gets vacation and SO AM I!
They're regulars. They're not going anywhere, and while they are 'put out', they do understand. I've got some really good 'peeps' as clients.

HOWEVER
I'm still going rather insane. My hours haven't changed BUT I'm FAR MORE busier than I've been in previous years as I've now a larger client base. PLUS with my girl's both in school (Preschool & elementary), there's all kinds of 'school stuff' to deal with (xmas concerts and such).
The plus side: now that I've got a car & a license, I can now get around and run errands during the week when everyone else is at work, and avoid the weekend madness in the stores :green:

So yes, it's still insane around here.

BUT I think it's insane every year, no matter what your schedule is.

Simply because, the more time you have, the more you try to cram into it.
That's just the way it is, over the holidays.

(heck, I had to wear a skirt yesterday in 30 below weather because I was behind in the laundry and all my jeans were in the wash :lol: and I refused to iron my 'dress' pants:lol:)

Latest posts

Back