How do you do your gel polish marbling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
Do you do your marbling over 2 cured coats of polish or over second wet coat of gel polish?
When I did my cnd nail styles class I was taught to do it over 2 cured coats but it doesn't seem to work for me! :rolleyes:

I do it on the 2nd cured coat, then add TIO hth x

I do it on the second coat too I'm sure fingernail fixer has a you tube for this

Just did a search through Holly's vids and can only find one being done by her friend where a stripper brush was used over a wet second coat. I would like to see it done using a dotting tool in swirl motions but only find the messy water marbling when I search you tube! Lol

I use Gellux not shellac, but once I get my shellac I'm planning to try it the same way to see if will work.

I do base then cure, then colour and cure, then add the colours I'm marbling, say purple base, then dots of pink, white, black and then with my dotting tool I gently swirl them together in whatever pattern style I want, then when I'm happy I cure, then top coat and cure.

Hope that helps :)

I do Shellac base 10 secs, 1st colour coat cure, second colour coat...don't cure, add dobs of new colours, swirl quickly with a pointed tool, cure, then top coat cure. Works lovely:)

i do the same as beauty4all! this is the way i was taught in my shellac nail art class.
xx

I do it in the second layer, NOT cured yet. Dot's of color, swirl til you like it, THEN cure. :)

I do the same as the last few girls..add the marble colours over an uncured colour coat...I tried doing it over a cured colour coat and it did not work as well as the other method at all.

Thank you for this post! Definitely works on uncured second colour coat! Great effect! X

Latest posts

Back