How do you do your pink and white extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collins

Reaction score
I know that people do these differents ways and they do what works best for them. When you put the pink in zone 2 I use a light pink powder and pull this to the free edge. Some people butt the pink up to the white so they have a crisper white and then the same with zone three. I find this really difficult to do, but with some clients who have markes on their nail beds I would have wanted to use a darker pink powder but didn't want to drag this over the white as it was too pink.

Also in my NSI instructions after doing zone 1,2 and 3 a clear bead of powder is placed over the whole nail. If this is the case when you file the nail to shape it wouldn't you file through the clear, it can't be that thick that you don't because then the acrylic would be to thick. Do you do it in the 3 steps or four? and do you go over the white?

I use the light pink and gentle white and i do pull the pink over the white up to the free edge. havent tried the pink mask so i cant comment on that. I personally cant see the difference when using the 'ice' and not - ive forgotten to use it before and dont think they look any different. with regard to how many steps.....i try to do it in three, but as i havent mastered it yet it can take me 6! lol, dont think it really matters as long as the end result is what you want. Hth x

I personally use white, obviously on the tip, then when i apply my pink in zone 2, i do pat it down against the smile then when i've pushed the product into the desired shape, i then wipe it down to the free edge. It doesn't effect my white as it will only be a very thin layer that you take over the white.

I use the EZ Flow L&P and do have what they call a competition white so if i wanted a real whiter than white i could use that. The client's that i've used the just White on have been more than happy with the results. I do my L&P in 3 beads most of the time, but then it depends on the size of nail you are working on. The little fingers i sometimes do in only two beads, but then that's only if you are able to build the apex properly when doing this.

Hi.

I am also trained by NSi, i was told to use the clear if the surface is slightly unlevel, to fill any "holes" if you dont need it you dont use it.

I do take the pink up to the free edge and it does not effect the white,as someone has said it is a very thin layer and most will be buffed off when you are thining the tip.

I actually only butt the pink up to the edge of my white. I think its just because thisis the way i was taught :cool: So don't find it hard.

Thanks for all your replies. I think sometimes I lose my confidence and I convince myself I'm doing it wrong. I have to say though when I have used the white tips they are so white that when I have tried to rebalance them using white l&p the white tip shows through and you can still see the line.

I'm Mobile

I use ezflow powers and apply a white acrylic over the classic french tips, a polly pink in what u would call zones 2 and 3. I also try to use smaller beads, therefore more beads refine the shape along with ezflow tweezers.

The finished look is absolutely marvellous.

Cres

Just wanted to put this back up as id like to know how ppl do it with gel, just like that thread i sometimes lose confidence and recently have because of two 'biters' ARRGG!! i take so long doin them, then lose so much confidence cos they dont look like id like them to, but biters aside, how do you guys do your french in gels.

thanks,

Hiya ..with gels i would do a bright french using a clear tip...pink over all zones..paint on white...clear over all zones. For a soft french...i use a natural tip pink in zones 2 and 3 ...then clear over all zones...although pink over all zones on a natural tip also looks very nice.

I do both when tipping I apply pink to the whole nail then wipe in my smile and cap with clear, n when sculpting I apply the smile after the clear and butt up the pink. I pull it over really slightly n softly as it doesnt give you a crisp smile if you just pull it over.
Nailstyle did a mini tutorial which was fab - its about smiles but shows you her method so worth a looksie.

thanks so much, the way i was thought was to to do my white tip first (z1) then pink all over and two layre of clear, then buff and gloss. But the white comes out very dull, so iv been doin pink (z12&3) then clear (one layre as i find them very thick with so many layres), then buff then white and a layre of gloss...also is it ok to mix products i use brisa (clear) , ibd (x-treme white french) and the product i got off my course which is called AINT (pink blush & gloss). sorry for so many questions..

collins said:
I know that people do these differents ways and they do what works best for them. When you put the pink in zone 2 I use a light pink powder and pull this to the free edge. Some people butt the pink up to the white so they have a crisper white and then the same with zone three. I find this really difficult to do, but with some clients who have markes on their nail beds I would have wanted to use a darker pink powder but didn't want to drag this over the white as it was too pink.

Also in my NSI instructions after doing zone 1,2 and 3 a clear bead of powder is placed over the whole nail. If this is the case when you file the nail to shape it wouldn't you file through the clear, it can't be that thick that you don't because then the acrylic would be to thick. Do you do it in the 3 steps or four? and do you go over the white?

Hi

iam not NSI trained iam creative trained so different products but i have 2 clients who dont like the pink too much (i dont think it dulls the white myself but the clients always right eh ha ha) so i replace the pink with clear in zones 2 and 3 and pull it over the free edge and they seem to be happy with that! just a thought for you!

Latest posts

Back