How do you fill your last minute appointments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD Beauty

Reaction score
Ok so I have a few appointments free this week (some tomorrow.)
What do you all do to try to fill these spaces?

Usually with a nice bit of time off ;)

I really want to fill them as I’m going away for the weekend would love the extra money [emoji4]

I really want to fill them as I’m going away for the weekend would love the extra money [emoji4]
Just do deals. Like I'd offer a free brow wax with a lash lift etc

You could do flash offers on your stories or facebook, 30% off if booked by tonight or something along those lines? X and might be a good idea to get deposits too x

That’s a good idea thanks

My suggestion would be to offer upgrades rather than money off. For example free nail art with a gel polish manicure or free hot oil treatment with a full pedicure - things like that.
My reason for saying this is that if you regularly offer last minute price deals then clients will start just waiting for the cheap prices and not book ahead.

There is a salon near me who seem to advertise daily that they have a 'last minute cancellation' - it becomes unbelievable really and doesn't look good for the salon. As a client I would think "Why does this salon get so many people not turning up??!!"

Just a thought from a different angle...

Yes good thought [emoji848]

I do portfolio sets - something I want to try - I chose the length, shape, colour - everything. I discount £10.
I just think another person wearing my nails and I get my materials paid for - fills a space. when people walk past I am busy, it looks good. they don't know its a portfolio set. xxx

Ooh yes I like that x

I was talking to someone about this yesterday, maybe you guys can help here... a few clients regularly say “oh you should text me if you have spare time or cancellations as i’m usually around and could have a treatment...” but is that ok to do?? With GDPR etc?? Could you get into trouble if someone thinks you’re being a pest? Because if not, that is a great way to fill a few gaps!

I see lots of salons using Facebook page for filling gaps. Agree with previous comments about the risks of money off.

I was talking to someone about this yesterday, maybe you guys can help here... a few clients regularly say “oh you should text me if you have spare time or cancellations as i’m usually around and could have a treatment...” but is that ok to do?? With GDPR etc?? Could you get into trouble if someone thinks you’re being a pest? Because if not, that is a great way to fill a few gaps!
They've given you their data and if your privacy policy says about marketing then this is part of marketing so no GDPR issues at all. However, it's wise to maybe pay for a third party system that they can text back STOP or something to unsubscribe them.

Latest posts

Back