how do you finish off your enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone finishes off there enhancements, im a new nail tech only passed my course 3 month ago ive been learned to buff out using solar oil and a Koala buffer then wipe away with scrub fresh and apply super shiney , which does give a good result and my clients are well intreged and very pleased with the end result .
But are there any other ways i could impress my clients and get a wooo !

CND Glossing buffer. When you have finished buffing the oil in, I always use a damp heated flannel/handtowel and rub the oil in around the fingers, this also gives the hands a refreshing wipe. Then use the green side of the glossing buffer, finishing with the white side.
Or if you have access to the BRiSA range you could always use UV finishing gloss, but with that you use your 180 grit file to shape and finish, dust off then apply the finishing gloss, finishing by rubbing the solar oil in, I don't buff the solar oil in if using the finishing gloss. HTH

When i started my training i tried all this time consuming messing around...this file, that oil, this cleaning, that file, then buffing forever!!! no thankyou :rolleyes: !
I quickly realised that there must be more to life!! plus a quicker way to reduce time but achieve perfect results... and then I found Young Nails :hug:
so now after completing acrylic all i do is file into shape if needed, use my spongie buffer hardly at all to buff out scratches and then apply finish ( a top coat gel sealer that cures under uv and does not need to be wiped after it comes out of the uv).
Hey presto a prestine set of talons with a scratch free, totally shiney top coat that can be polished and removed and still flawless BUT time saving x x x x

I either, finish with a koala, wipe oil away and use my girlfriend or the glossing buffer.
I have finished with a koala, no oil and applied the Brisa top coat.

It's much of a muchness to be honest with you...
In the time it takes to apply a UV gloss, cure etc you could have virtually finished the nails by using a Glossing buffer (or similar), they allow you to achieve a beautiful shiny finish with very little effort :D

It's much of a muchness to be honest with you...
In the time it takes to apply a UV gloss, cure etc you could have virtually finished the nails by using a Glossing buffer (or similar), they allow you to achieve a beautiful shiny finish with very little effort :D

Just what I was about to say . . . however I do charge extra for the UV gloss coat

I too use Young nails Finish, no aching arms with all the buffing, goes on like a polish, NO sticky residue, 2 mins and a shiny finish that can also be painted over with polish, removed with pure acetone and STILL shiny!! And as Sandy said, you can charge more for!!

Good ole Solaroil buff in, and a 2 stage buffer (or Girlfriend, what ever i have at the time).. 10 mins work max!

Latest posts

Back