How do you fix these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhiiOx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you can help?
Is there any way to fix these nails? They are my partners and he hates them! Just wondering if there's anything I can do to help him!

Rhi x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 810
A very good nail strengthener, apply a coat or two every couple of days. For my male clients I use a nail strengthener that soaks into the nail to provide the benefits rather than a shiny one as some men don't like the glossy nail varnish shine look 🙈 push back and cut those cuticles I recommend softening them in warm soapy water with a cuticle softener on them first. Then once the nails start growing cut them down - not as low as they at but so they aren't seen over the tips of the fingers and file to prevent sharp edges. Perhaps a good nail buffer to if he suffers from any ridges.

💅❤️

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you can help?
Is there any way to fix these nails? They are my partners and he hates them! Just wondering if there's anything I can do to help him!

Rhi x

The picture isn't too clear but from what I can see it looks like there's something potentially fungal going on. His nails look like they have crumbled away. Again I can't see to well but I would refer to a gp.

I may be completely wrong .... Wasting of the nail plate causing to lose its luster and may disappear completely caused by injury or disease... Like I say I could be wrong as I'm only training but I would definitely recommend a visit to the docs to be sure 💗

I agree with Jen889, it looks like it may be fungal. Calcure would help if applied three times a day but a doctors appointment is definitely needed.

Calcure Fungus

Alison :)

He's been back and for the doctors for God knows how long, they just keep giving him stuff to try!
He's a mechanic and his fingers are constantly getting bashed, so maybe that's why they're like it, he's tried a nail polish that stops you biting and they grew! (He was also a nail biter) but they are never very hard, and it's as if the nails not stuck to the nail bed.

Thanks for your replys, shall send him back to the Drs again and see what they say! Was just hoping I could help him, as it would of been practice for me! :wink2:

Rhi x

Get the Dr to take a culture so they can be certain if there is a fungus present and if so, what it is. You can't treat something properly without knowing what you are dealing with.

Some Dr's don't really want to treat nail problems in my experience, as they consider them to be cosmetic. So really push for them to get a culture tested.

If there's no fungus or contra indications present then give them some TLC as suggested.

Shall tell him to book an appointment asap! :biggrin:

Yeah I've been told that before about Drs saying its cosmetic, but I don't understand why they won't treat them on a man! :lol: if they were to have enhancements every week then I see they're point, but I don't think he would be up for a set of enhancements, and defiantly not from me! :lol:

Hopefully they just need some tlc!
But on the other hand, his toes are like it too, and I can't put that down to jamming his toes :/

Rhi x

I have never seen this before, but if I ever did I would be telling them to go to the Docs. This definitely looks like something fungal, or maybe even an autoimmune issue.

Does your partner have psoriasis?

^^ this is what I thought of as well

No don't have psoriasis, they've only been like it since he's been working in a garage! :s

His toes are 10 times worse, some of them are very thick and brown, but as soon as he's not in work for a couple of days they start growing normal, but yet again docs just give him endless stuff to try!

It's driving him crazy!

Thanks for your replys geeks! :D
X

No don't have psoriasis, they've only been like it since he's been working in a garage! :s

His toes are 10 times worse, some of them are very thick and brown, but as soon as he's not in work for a couple of days they start growing normal, but yet again docs just give him endless stuff to try!

It's driving him crazy!

Thanks for your replys geeks! :D
X

My brother is a mechanic. The chemicals that they work with can sometimes cause nails and skin to break down over time. Do you know if he wears gloves? My brother wears gloves all the time at work and his nails are perfect (minus the dirt under them at the end of the day).

His feet might be that he's in boots all day. From what you describe, it really sounds fungal. Do you know if he wears steel toe boots or regular shoes at work? Shoes can leak fluid through, steel toe are better but fungus love to breed in those things since its dark and nice and warm.

Forgot to ask. What kind of mechanics shop? Cars? If so diesel trucks or regular car garage?

He always wears gloves, most of the time he even comes home with them in as he's forgot they're on! Lol.
He do complain they make his hands sweat loads though!

I've always thought it was fungal, and yes he has steel toe caps, which always end up breaking! So that could be why? Especially if his feet are getting wet!

Cars, in a regular garage :)

X

Latest posts

Back