how do you get cuticle remover cream/buffing paste etc out of pots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi

we were taught at college, never to put our fingers into pots, for hygiene reasons obviously, but i hate the wooden spatula things we were told to use, very large and awkward to store in my box and hard to get small amount on

now i did get a few little ones of a girl at college, little white plastic spatulas, look bit like those things you get to eat ice cream with at the van, now thing is i dont know what they are called, and ive tried every concievable (sp) wording to find something similar on ebay and looked in sallys and they dont have them only wooden ones

anyone know a) what there called so i can try and find some and b) where i can get any

or do you guys have suggestions for something else i can use

thanks x

Try Wooden Spatulas used for applying wax.

Why dont you ask the ice cream man if he has some you can have ?
you gotta be a bit cheeky sometimes :lol:
Im sure he wont mind

I use little wooden craft sticks that i buy my son for his model making or orange sticks.

Any reason why you can't use cotton buds? Or orange sticks wrapped with cotton? That's how I was tought for small amounts?

like that but with no holes in end, might do if i cant find anything else least there small enough

Why dont you ask the ice cream man if he has some you can have ?
you gotta be a bit cheeky sometimes :lol: lol ems great idea hun, even if i just ask him where i can get em lol, ooh wonder if macro would sell em?
Im sure he wont mind

Try Wooden Spatulas used for applying wax.
thats what ive got hun, but they are too big really for the small pots i take mobile and also its hard to get a small bit out of the pot

thanks for the ideas girls

Any reason why you can't use cotton buds? Or orange sticks wrapped with cotton? That's how I was tought for small amounts?

Thats what i thought!! cotton buds are the cheapest option i think. I usually get them in mahoosive boxes from the pound shop, but the other day found a little box of 200 in asda for 35p.

I use cotton buds for eyebrow and eyelash tinting aswell. They are handy little things!!

well only cos you end up with little strands of wool in the pot, so i really wanted to use something that wouldnt contaminate it? but suppose at a push it would solve the prob for now, ta hun

I know someone who uses those little spatulas, I'll ask her where she gets them. In the meantime have a look at this Buy Disposable Lip Spatulas x 25 from Beauty Express

they would be ideal hun, but if you find out where she gets the spatulas from id be grateful
thanks xxxx

Go into mcdonalds, or any other place similar that sells coffee, they all have really thin wooden sticks that would be ideal for what you need,
i used to go in and grab a handful at a time to display nail art tips on, they are good for waxing eyebrows too lol

well only cos you end up with little strands of wool in the pot, so i really wanted to use something that wouldnt contaminate it? but suppose at a push it would solve the prob for now, ta hun
Never had any strands of wool from the small amount I'm dipping in to with the bud....

you could try splitting the waxing spatulas down the middle and then in half for another alternative.

Do you use stainless steel prep tools hun ?

As these are not disposable i find it more cost effective to use these,wipe with tissue and pop back in the barbicide (or the like) hth's

Orange sticks ... cheap, cheerful, disposable.

Yep, orange sticks for me too . . . you can get little short ones, they're ideal for this sort of thing xx

we were taught orange sticks too..

Never had any strands of wool from the small amount I'm dipping in to with the bud....

you could try splitting the waxing spatulas down the middle and then in half for another alternative.
brilliant idea hun, will try it and see what its like

Do you use stainless steel prep tools hun ?

As these are not disposable i find it more cost effective to use these,wipe with tissue and pop back in the barbicide (or the like) hth's
oh never thought of this, yes i do have stainless steel cuticle pusher etc, good idea thanks hun x

Orange sticks ... cheap, cheerful, disposable.

oh right use the flat end of them, and yes short ones would be ideal,

thanks for all your help guys, loads of brill ideas to try

xxxxxx

Orange sticks (Why do they call them that!) for me or a cotton wool bud

My cuticle remover comes with a flip lid so i just squeeze out how much i need in a plastic lidded dappen dish.. good idea for mobile as your taking a little dappen dish and not a big bottle in with you.. I then use an art brush to scrub it on the nails..

I also hit my local art supply store and buy paddle pop sticks.. (basically the sticks the ice creams are on) you can get them for next to nothing and they come by the hundreds..

Art/craft stores are worth a look.. saved me many times!:green:

Latest posts

Back