How do you get kids to bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi326

Reaction score
I have 4 kids 8 with aspergers 6 4 and baby baby is in bed but the others are still jumping about I have tried everything they share a bedroom so they keep each other awake. When my hubby is here they behave beautifully with me well I am too soft any tips ideas

I have 4 kids 8 with aspergers 6 4 and baby baby is in bed but the others are still jumping about I have tried everything they share a bedroom so they keep each other awake. When my hubby is here they behave beautifully with me well I am too soft any tips ideas

Become more strict, they need to know if they don't behave then there will be consequences...
No treats, no toys, no playing, no sweets etc.
Stick to your guns!
Also reward charts.. Kids love praise more then anything.
Your a mother before your a best friend, that's what someone told me when I was at my wits end a few years ago!
I'm not mother of the year, nor is my son an angel (far from it) but compared to most he does behave.x

I too have 4 children, a 16 year old with ADHD, a 10 year old, a 6 year old and a 5 year old.

The 3 youngest share a room. I can remember a time when they would be going to bed the same time as me as I had no routine.

Since bringing in a routine (and being firm with the rules) they now all go up to bed at 7, they get to choose a film to watch in bed (they take turns to pick) and if they play up the tv goes off.

I found it good to set the rules with the children - so they get to help decide the rules & the punishments, they know what they can & can't do & what the punishment will be for breaking the rules. These rules I then printed up and put on their bedroom door.

If they start to play up I call upstairs asking if they want me to turn the tv off, this is now usually enough to calm them again, in the beginning I would call up 3 times then off went the tv. If they continued to play up they would loose thier favourate toys the next day (and so on through the punishments they had chosen when we set the rules).

The hard part is following through with what you say so they learn you mean what you say.

When they have learned you mean what you say they listen so much better.

Latest posts

Back