How do you get people to commit to the initial course of Microcurrent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Okay title says it all really! I have this darned expensive machine and somehow I always end up talking people out of the treatment as I say that they HAVE to commit to the initial course, and if they can't then they are wasting their money. So to those of you who have success stories how DO you get people through this initial intensive course? Do they really need a course of say 10? Do they have to come AT LEAST twice a week, or could they do the odd occasion when they only came once a week?

Also I have come across a few people who have had the course, and had monthly treatments for a while, but maybe haven't had any for 2 or 3 months. Now are they okay to step back onto monthly maintenance, or do they have to start again with the initial course?

Any ideas, thoughts or help really would be gratefully received. Cheers me dears :hug:

Tricky question this Sassy...

Firstly do you BELIEVE in the treatment and does it work??

I know that may sound condesending and silly ,but i hope you do!:eek::lol:

I ask this because you say you talk people out of it by advising them on a course of treatments!

Any facial treatment wether it be manual or electrical,SHOULD be a course of treatments as a "remise" or cure as we say in French:)

The one off treatment will get that result for the moment,but not long term.

Clients have to be committed to it Sassy,and dont doubt yourself.

Its good maybe to get a guineapig and do a course of 6 or 8 treatments over a couple of weeks.take a pic beforehand,and then take pics during and after.Put these in the salon to show prospective clients,and marvel in it!
Maybe you can demonstrate on an open evening maybe,and do one side of the face on a model and not the other?

Do you,or have you personally had the treatment yourself....not that im saying you need it,you certainly DONT,but just saying that so you can relate to clients your own personal experiences.

Clients can be sceptical,but ultimately,its a piece of machinery that can be overlooked.
Tell clients its an extension of your hands and is an enhancement,and a powerful tool.
Once the client has that first treatment the results speak for themselves,and used in conjunction with Academie and Nimue homecare,the client can even get a better result!:green:

Thanks Gabi. No it's not that I don't believe in it, the results I have had on my models when I was training were fab, and even when I have done a few on myself it has made such a difference. So that's not the problem.

It's just when people say they are busy and lead erratic lifestyles that I hear myself saying things like " you really have to commit to the initial course and if you can't do that then it's not going to work for you / it's a waste of your money etc etc etc". And with microcurrent it is so many in such a short space of time, whereas other courses maybe fortnightly, rather than two a week for up to six weeks.

Somehow I need to turn it all to a positive -or just say what is expected of them and leave it at that - and leave out the negative bits? After all I have stated what they need to commit to and it's not my fault if they don't keep their side of the bargain? But then I find it hard to think that way and would rather be up front and honest, not that the other way is dishonest but i hope you get my drift.

Sorry Sassy,im not always tactful sorry if i was abrupt,and misunderstood....again!:smack:

I think you are going about it the right way,and i dont think you are arrogant in your approach.You are firm,and to the point.

I know its daunting when clients expect so much and are not willing to meet you half way.

If clients are serious,they WILL do it,and tell them there is NO excuse if they really want it to work.I hear so many clients say i havent the time..".well that maybe just dont complain to me when you get the next wrinkle appear from not applying any spf!!"
:eek::lol:...sorry rant over...but thats the point,there is NO excuse.

Try and be flexible for clients,open late,do you?

I dont understand when you say you dont want to be dishonest??.
Maybe my misunderstanding again!:rolleyes:

Thanks Gabi. No it's not that I don't believe in it, the results I have had on my models when I was training were fab, and even when I have done a few on myself it has made such a difference. So that's not the problem.

It's just when people say they are busy and lead erratic lifestyles that I hear myself saying things like " you really have to commit to the initial course and if you can't do that then it's not going to work for you / it's a waste of your money etc etc etc". And with microcurrent it is so many in such a short space of time, whereas other courses maybe fortnightly, rather than two a week for up to six weeks.

Somehow I need to turn it all to a positive -or just say what is expected of them and leave it at that - and leave out the negative bits? After all I have stated what they need to commit to and it's not my fault if they don't keep their side of the bargain? But then I find it hard to think that way and would rather be up front and honest, not that the other way is dishonest but i hope you get my drift.

I wish I knew the answer as I have the same problem when offering the academie facials as a course of treatments.

Clients don't seem to be able to commit to once a week, mainly due to the cost and they are all used to once a month facials, they seem horrified at the prospect of paying for a facial once a week !

I know...is this purely a "british" trait,as in france its just "the norm" to have waxing once a month and skin care treatments once a week,well it is in Paris and large towns and citys.
:confused:

What I mean about dishonest is not making sure that the client CAN commit and just taking their money without caring that they can and will go the whole distance - but like I say, maybe I am assuming too much for my client and should give them the facts without then talking them out of it as I am doing!!!

Thankfully budget is not so much of a problem out here, but time is. I am very flexible with my hours. It may get better when the summer season is over as many business people out here are very busy and work all hours god sends during the tourist season.

As to the British mentality, I think most people still perceive a facial as a luxury or a pamper, and with so many fab products etc available now they haven't got it into their mindset that they are a treatment that can and will make such a difference if only they could justify it to themselves!

Maybe some of the hair and nail geeks who don't do beauty could give their input from a prospective client's perspective?

Well Sassy im certainly not dishonest,and if the client cant commit that lies with the client.

Mostly though clients do commit once they pay in my experience.

So go forth and "get em in" Sass:lol:

Explain to client that a course of treatments at two to three times per week is necessary because you are retraining the muscles. If you go to the gym once a week or fortnight, you are not going to get anywhere near as good results as if you go three times a week. You need the course to get the muscles to that 'trained' stage, after that a maintenance programme is fine to keep it topped up.

It worked pretty well. At the end of the day it is the client's decision,and if they really cannot commit to the programme you recommend, then yes they will be wasting their money, but you need to let them come to that conclusion themselves, not point it out to them! :lol: You're not being dishonest, you are merely explaining the benefits of having the full course of treatments, and why.

Sassy.try and work with the client to see when a time is suitable for him or her,and be flexible as you can,i.e evening,weekend,or in a lunch hour,i know in france the long lunch hours are obligatory:lol:

You have to be accomodating as you can.

as Rouge stated,point o0ut the benefits,and leave it at that.

When booking a client first time,maybe book it in a month in advance.The client will become aware that if you are flexible,and seen to be trying to help themthen they will become more willing to work with you...well most would you will always get one that wont!:eek:

Dont get too dispondent...

Ask questions like
When COULD you come?
What times are good for YOU?

Fire dates and times at clients,once you have got that information.

As for talking them out of the treatment as you put it earler,i wouldnt put it to the client that they are wasting thier time or money,as that instills negative doubts in that clients mind.You are then undoing all your good work by pointing out the benefits of the treatment:eek::!:

Its like i would say to a client....well pro collagen marine cream is a wonderful cream,but at £75 its a bit expensive...you shouldnt have to justify it you just explain it and never be negative...always positive!!

Please dont think im saying you are negative,i know you arent,you know you arent,but if you arent careful the client may feel you are.

Just a thought,just tell me to get off my soap box if you want to:lol:

As for talking them out of the treatment as you put it earler,i wouldnt put it to the client that they are wasting thier time or money,as that instills negative doubts in that clients mind.You are then undoing all your good work by pointing out the benefits of the treatment:eek::!:

Its like i would say to a client....well pro collagen marine cream is a wonderful cream,but at £75 its a bit expensive...you shouldnt have to justify it you just explain it and never be negative...always positive!!

Nope you are right and this is what I will do in future, thank you all, I guess I knew the answer really, just needed a kick up the doodah!!! :lol: I also like the comparison to going to the gym, and it's only for a month, easy peasy. Yup I'm all positive now!

OKay can anyone answer the other questions about when a client has missed their monthly maintenance for a couple of months? Do they have to start a whole new course, or will they still be okay to restart coming monthly?

OKay can anyone answer the other questions about when a client has missed their monthly maintenance for a couple of months? Do they have to start a whole new course, or will they still be okay to restart coming monthly?
With my Dermalift treatments, if a client had missed just one or two maintenance treatments I would suggest 2 for the the first week then another one on the 2nd week then back to monthly. Just to top up so to speak.
I also found a good way to encourage people to book a course was not to offer a discount, but offer a free product. I would offer a free jar of Liftosome cream (Guinot) with a full course booked. Worth £60 or so retail, but obviously it cost me less than that at trade.
It works out about the same as a 1 treatment discount of a course, but the clients loved it as they left with something real in their hands. It also acts as a good introduction to the range for new customers.:green:

Latest posts

Back