How do you get rid of orange hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurenc11

Reaction score
Hey! I'm training to be a hair dresser and I need your help as I doing my friends hair, her hair is bassy (orange) would I need to bleach it again and put a toner on it, I'm thinking a toner on it's own wouldn't lift it x

What did you to that made is orange?

Sounds like your friend's hair provides a great opportunity rectify it under supervision at college and use it as a case study.

So think of your lightening curve if it's lifted to a orange it's going to be on the level of a 6/7if it's in good enough condition try to lift it up a little more to an 8 then tone it with a level 8 toner remember yellow I'd toned with violet but if it's not okay to lift up more tone with a level 5/6 ash toner as blueneutralises orange hope this helps x
image.jpg

Toners don't lift?

Have you got a pic?

Yes thank you
So think of your lightening curve if it's lifted to a orange it's going to be on the level of a 6/7if it's in good enough condition try to lift it up a little more to an 8 then tone it with a level 8 toner remember yellow I'd toned with violet but if it's not okay to lift up more tone with a level 5/6 ash toner as blueneutralises orange hope this helps xView attachment 192198
es

Yes thank you

es
No probs!!! It's the onto way you'll keep learning and expanding your knowledge make sure you take before and after pics for your portfolio X

Can I ask what colour house you work with?

No probs!!! It's the onto way you'll keep learning and expanding your knowledge make sure you take before and after pics for your portfolio X

Can I ask what colour house you work with?
I'm using wella! yeah i am doing at the moment when I remember to take photos! but college is using affinage so I can work around what you told me x

I'm using wella! yeah i am doing at the moment when I remember to take photos! but college is using affinage so I can work around what you told me x
Aww good I'm a wella user! Ive never used affinage so can't help you there sorry!!

Yeah like Joe said lift it some more get some of that warmth out and than tone it with either a natural or a natural ash depending on what color she gets too!

yes bleach again if hair is relatively healthy. Whatever the underlying color level is is the level of color you can do properly.Or do a target brown with lots of blue base in it for a lv.5ish

Latest posts

Back