Quantcast

how do you get the perfect smile line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Isis

Reaction score
how do you do it? what do i need to achieve this except a steady hand. i love this site i have learned so much in two days!
m

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
and..........lots and lots of patience,practice and perseverance !!!!!!!!!!

Are you using gel or l+p?

'chelle

Reaction score
I still dont do perfect smiles!! My clients are happy, but I know they can be better. I make sure I do some smiles every day, so if I have no "french" clients booked in I do them on some cheap tips. I'm going to do some 1 to 1 again this month hopefuly, and I'll keep doing this regularly until I'm completely happy with my smiles

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
how do you do it? what do i need to achieve this except a steady hand. i love this site i have learned so much in two days!
m
What exactly are you having problems with?
What consistency gel are you using?

Personally I like applying the gel in a shape of V to begin with. Then you only have to perfect the smile line with the brush and wipe from middle to the right and again middle to the left. This way the smile will have better balance.
Also applying white gel on an even surface makes things easier.
Make sure that you are pressing the gel into the nail with proper pressure and you are not poking the gel. Slower movements are also better, wait for the gel to respont what you are telling it to do.....

there is so much I could tell you.. but it also depends what kind of consistency gel you are using

Here is some pictures:
Here is how I prep the nail:

Bonder gel applied

Application of White Builder:

Wiping the smile line:

2littletoys

Reaction score
anna- im new to the nail thing and think that tip of your is great. i dont have a great deal of trouble but i think i will give it a go......:)

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
anna those pics are amazing.... xx

lotus blossom

Reaction score

sj1973

Reaction score

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! :D

I'm getting a proper tutorial ready (which is gonna take a while, I have to wait for my website guy to put it up), but for now I might throw the picutres in my msn group.
Once it's done, I will post the link :D

slhallford

Reaction score
Practice is the way to get those smiles where you want them. There's no substitute for it much like the diet and exercise is the way to lose weight. Read Nailclass and practice with it every day. Dump all the abandoned tips you or your coworkers decided you didn't like in a box after all and grab a couple every time you have a few minutes & practice your application.

S

Angelaznailz

Reaction score
Great work..............and I love your own nails too!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

nzgrooverider

Reaction score
I use the reverse side of the OPI Pusher Plus to push the white acrylic into the correct position. The curve of the pusher is just right for creating the perfect smile line and it makes a dead straight "wall" for the pink acrylic to settle up against. Hint - dip the pusher into acrylic liquid first to avoid sticking

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
I use the reverse side of the OPI Pusher Plus to push the white acrylic into the correct position. The curve of the pusher is just right for creating the perfect smile line and it makes a dead straight "wall" for the pink acrylic to settle up against. Hint - dip the pusher into acrylic liquid first to avoid sticking
Good Lord!! A tool and unreacted monomer liquid.

Please do not use this method .. it is potentially very harmful.

Please people ... if you do not know the facts, do not post unsafe advice.

Try working with the skills of your trade instead. Short cuts are seldom the way to anything but a LONG delay.

Last edited:

bexi

Reaction score
I just wanted to say I trained with OPI and we were not trained that way,:hug:

Becki xxx

tracey louise

Reaction score
anna those pictures were excellent,they were so clear.thanks for sharing i cant wait to see more of your work.you do amazing work.xx
i still struggle with my smile lines,im fairly happy with my gel ones but not with l+p.i find gel alot easier to do my whites with as i have more 'playing time' with it.so i know i am able to create a good smile line.

Latest posts