How do you handle rude parents?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Last night I went to spray tan a client. Shes had about 3 spray tans off me before, we usually have to do the spray tan in her dining room (its a knock through with the living room) and her parents are sitting in the living room part.
Last night I arrived at her door and pressed the door bell (doesnt work) while I was waiting (to be sure the door bell doesnt work and to use the letterbox) I heard her Dad shouting up to her "Why does this woman have to come around all the time, its incovinient for her to be here why dont you go to an effing salon" Bla Bla. I stood there and had heard all of this and just wanted to run off and cry (having a rough patch with my boyfriend so feeling emotional)
I then knocked on the door and the clients Mum let me in, asked me how I was etc. I asked her where I should set up she said in the dining room as usual, the Dad was sitting watching telly so I said hello asked him how he was etc.
This isnt the first time this has happened to me, Ive had other clients where Ive been in the house and the clients parent is saying this is a joke etc or its inconvinient etc. Its so awkward. My parents would never do this if I had someone round! x

If she's booked you to come to her home, its a problem between your client & her dad. Just keep professional & cheery & take no notice of her dad! Its hard when things are rocky at home though isn't it??? x:hug:

Take no notice. Its not about you, its about your client & her dad as pp has also said. Chin up! x

Awkward!!! However, it's your client that should feel embarrassed, not you.

Fortunately I've not had this happen (YET!) but hope it didn't knock your confidence too much.

Dads are just moody old men lol my dad would say the same thing without the effing lol

Don't worry about what they all think - it's all about the money, honey.
Get in and out as quick as you can x

Hi Guys.
Last night I went to spray tan a client. Shes had about 3 spray tans off me before, we usually have to do the spray tan in her dining room (its a knock through with the living room) and her parents are sitting in the living room part.
Last night I arrived at her door and pressed the door bell (doesnt work) while I was waiting (to be sure the door bell doesnt work and to use the letterbox) I heard her Dad shouting up to her "Why does this woman have to come around all the time, its incovinient for her to be here why dont you go to an effing salon" Bla Bla. I stood there and had heard all of this and just wanted to run off and cry (having a rough patch with my boyfriend so feeling emotional)
I then knocked on the door and the clients Mum let me in, asked me how I was etc. I asked her where I should set up she said in the dining room as usual, the Dad was sitting watching telly so I said hello asked him how he was etc.
This isnt the first time this has happened to me, Ive had other clients where Ive been in the house and the clients parent is saying this is a joke etc or its inconvinient etc. Its so awkward. My parents would never do this if I had someone round! x

oh some people are just rude , if it was me i would have done the tan then on the way out ,say to the dad that your doing a special offer for men and just tell him how coming to people houses is so easy for you ( we all know its very hard work but dont let on ) as if you have a salon it would cost the daughter sooooooooo much money cus of over heads ect . if he thinks it would cost more he would soon change his tune belive me .
any way dont let them get you down ,some men and familys dont always understand i know my family are just odd ! but are always first line for a try out a new treatment .:Love:

Do you know what? I wouldn't go back.

I assume the house belongs to her parents and if they are not happy for you to be there I think you should respect that.

I know it means a loss of money to you but if there are others there too could this tanning not be done at their place instead? :wink2:

Hi Love, you know it's hard enough being mobile without having to feel as if we are intruding. We have to work for ourselves ( tough bosses) find clients, maintain transport, compete with salons on prices etc etc. Don't submit yourself to feeling unwelcome in a customers home. It is the parents home and they have a right to refuse you entry or make you feel like an itruder. If this girl wants another tan, get her to come to yours or a friends but not to dads place again, this makes me really cross. Chin up and maybe next time ask over the phone if its OK with the homeowner if you come around.

What a cheek!!

Do as you would hold your head up and just be yourself! He obviously is a grump! Try not to worry hun.

xxxx

Latest posts

Back