How do you keep down bottom lashes when doing extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
I was taught in my training to tape down the bottom lashes and then cover with the lash pad.

This works perfectly but when i did my Mum the other day, she found the tape removal quite uncomfortable as she has loose skin around the eyes. I did try and keep it as taught as possible.

Does anyone do it a different way or have any suggestions as to what might make it more comfortable for a more mature clientelle in particular? :hug:

Remove as much of the sticky as possible by sticking the tape to the back of your hand first (repeatedly if necessary) until there's practically no sticky left. The heat from the eyes reinvigorates the stickiness so they stay down but it's a lot easier on the eyes.

HTH. x

Put a thin layer of vaseline under her eye before applying the tape

Alternatively, wet the tape when you are finished and it will peel off really easily

I put the gel pad on over bottom lashes first and then put micropore tape over pad to keep it secure ...it is how I was taught and really works well...no discomfort when removing either 😊 x

Exactly what i do

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I put the gel pad on over bottom lashes first and then put micropore tape over pad to keep it secure ...it is how I was taught and really works well...no discomfort when removing either 😊 x

This is an interesting idea. Although I have found that if the gel pads are too near the eye in order to keep lashes out the way that the gel can seep out and irritate the clients eyes. Do you ever find this? X

This is an interesting idea. Although I have found that if the gel pads are too near the eye in order to keep lashes out the way that the gel can seep out and irritate the clients eyes. Do you ever find this? X

I get this too often. I have tried squeezing excess gel out but nothing actually comes out. Some clients it stings and others don't even notice. Very annoying. I am going to try taping down next.

I was going to ask the same question about taping lower lashes I taped first then pad but found the gel pad sort of started to wrinkle and come away is this normal do any of you just put the tel pad on by itself?
;-)

I use either the gel pad on its own or tape on its own. I used to tape down and use gel pads but found the pad wrinkled. I prefer the gel pads but sometimes they are awkward to fit depending on the shape of the clients eyes, in which case I use tape xx

I tape down the lashes and then put the gel pad in top.
Since I've started using gel pads from eyelash emporium, I no longer have problems with the gel pad splitting/leaking.

I fit the gel pad just below lash line....then I use lots of tape to secure pad...even slightly up on clients nose and right over beyond eyeline if that makes sense. This keeps it secure and lower lashes covered....don't get any leaking with the pads I use hth

Brilliant, thanks ladies...so many different options :) xx

Latest posts

Back