How do you keep your nail files on your manicure table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
I have seen them in a large tumbler glass, but I dont know if this looks any good and I have a shorter plastic container but they keep on falling over. How do you store your nail files on your table?

You can keep them in a pencil holder OR you can make one yourself and custom design it. Get a mailing tube and cut it down to size. Google FREE (one of my fave words) printable wrapping paper and print that off. Cover the mailing tube with the paper and voila, a custom file keeper.

I just made two for myself. They look FAB. HTH! :)

I use a spinning desk tidy that I got from Tesco for a couple of quid - it holds everything in and can just be pulled out of my case ready to go xx

I got a pencil tin from a shop and it's lovely and fits loads in x

Ive recently bought a black gloss opaque glass from ikea for my files and tools. It looks really smart :) x x x

CND do an silver cup with the cnd logo on it looks smart on my black nail table :)

Sorry to jump this thread, but when I started it was quite common for therapist to have files for each client, kept in a box/bag with their name on. It was thought to be much more professional and obviously easy with regards serilisation/cross infection.

Does anyone still do this, bearing in mind most of the files at cnd are able to be sterilised?

I just started training and I'm doing that just putting their names on the envelope and the dates I used it x

I just bought some steriliser pouches from mundo. Will clean disinfect and led sterilise then seal for each client. I am thinking they will be reassured on hygiene seeing implements only used once on clients I've seen some techs who never ever clean any tools and used them over and over yak! :)

Sorry to jump this thread, but when I started it was quite common for therapist to have files for each client, kept in a box/bag with their name on. It was thought to be much more professional and obviously easy with regards serilisation/cross infection.

Does anyone still do this, bearing in mind most of the files at cnd are able to be sterilised?

I remember a course i did once advised this, however as you say cnd files can be sprayed with mundo so honestly imho i dont see the need. Should you accidentally cut a client with a file they file would be snapped in half in front of the client (shows you wont re use it) and put in the bin. I spray at the beginning of a treatment and at the end for hygiene reasons and also to show the client.

X x x

There are many incorrect references in this thread to sterilizing files- which generally cannot be done...

I suggest taking a read of the article below and review the definitions of sanitation in the salon...

Science topic: sanitation in the salon

This will help you understand and be safer with your clients

There are many incorrect references in this thread to sterilizing files- which generally cannot be done...

I suggest taking a read of the article below and review the definitions of sanitation in the salon...

Science topic: sanitation in the salon

This will help you understand and be safer with your clients

Sorry envy i should made myself clearer and said i spray my files with mundo to sanitise them :)

I clean my files with a nail brush then spray them with a hospital grade disinfectant, the same type we also soak our implements in. Then the files are put in the sanitization cabinet to dry.

Afterwards, my files are stored in a box with a lid. I had never heard about a paperbag. I'll have to adopt that practice.

Latest posts

Back