How do you keep your own polish on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

When i do airbrushing i use a airbrush base coat, say if you did a french airbrush with the base coat showing then you put the airbrush top coat, would faze 2 make it go all tacky then or can you still put it on straight away?

cazza :shock: :shock: :shock:

feebeast said:
Can't they develop Faze 2's formula so you can put it on as a topcoat - immediately after your polish. :huh: The 24hrs thing isn't very practical :? Could this maybe, please, be considered??????

Fraid you can't have it all ways.
The product works because it is non porous. If you put something non porous over enamel that is not completely dry, then it will stay tacky for ever.

This is not a product for clients to use at home, so it is perfectly practical for a nail tech who wants to tidy her nails up at the end of the working day, apply enamel, let dry overnight and apply 2 coats of Faze2 before work in the morning. Faze2 dries very quickly and you won't need to re-do the enamel again until you want to change the colour.

It is a hugely popular product and can be applied immediately to airbrushed colour or art to keep it perfect. You could even hide the nail art by painting enamel over the top of the Faze2, say for work, and remove the enamel at the weekend to reveal the nail art design perfect underneath.

Whatever you put Faze2 over, has to be dry. Normally it wouldn't take long for a base coat to dry, but basecoat, 2coats of colour, plus topcoat?? No way.

Thanks everyone. I will give Designer Nails a ring tomorrow. I love the idea of being able to use it over nailart, then cover it up if necessary and reveal it again - brilliant.

You're right Mrs Geek, whatever colour I am wearing, my clients want to buy. I sell at least four times the amount of mood changing colours if I wear one!! I have also noticed that whatever length and shape mine are, clients often say "same as yours please" when I ask.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
Hi
I love the natural look on my nails, but occasionally I like to paint them or airbrush a design on. Apart from wearing gloves (which I hate) are there any products out there that will protect my own polish or design when I am using polish remover on my clients?

I used to use something produced by Supernail. It works and has to be filed off! But it goes gloopy quite quickly and slightly changes the colour of the polish underneath.

Anybody know of anything?

Glynis

Faze 2 available from Designer Nails 0113 275 5719 ask for Customer Service!!
You can paint Faze 2 over your enamel (after you have been wearing it for 24hrs) - Acetone etc WILL NOT budge the colour - helps you sell more colour too - especially if you need to get rid of some (your clients will wear what you do :shock: )!! Use Product Remover to remove of gently buff the top layer off with a 240 grit!!! AWESOME :thumbsup:

You could use "Hands Down Ultra Nail Pads", a salon I used to go to had these & they have a flexible tab on the back & a protective layer to keep polish remover from your fingers.

They don't work out very cheap though I've seen them at £4.50 for a pack of 60 at http://www.creativenailplace.com/Tech_pages/essentials.htm but I haven't noticed them in any trade catalogues I use.
It does say that one pad will do all 10 nails but in my experience, with bright red nail polish on long nails, it never did for me.

Hi Glynis,

I TOTALLY agree with Mrs Geek!! :D Faze 2 is the best, your polish will not budge unless you file it!!!

Can't they develop Faze 2's formula so you can put it on as a topcoat - immediately after your polish. :huh:

The 24hrs thing isn't very practical :?

Could this maybe, please, be considered??????

Other than the 24hrs thing, it's fab stuff (and smells nice too)

Floundering Newbie said:
They don't work out very cheap though I've seen them at £4.50 for a pack of 60 at http://www.creativenailplace.com/Tech_pages/essentials.htm but I haven't noticed them in any trade catalogues I use.

Dear FN - the CreativeNailPlace website is a CONSUMER sight!!! Andy sells products at a consumer price as opposed to trade so if you are a professional this is not the sight to buy from but to certainly send your clients to (unless you sell retail yourself which you should coz it is massive revinue) :shock: !! Designer Nails sell Hands Down Pads for £3.95 + vat - (0113 275 5719) but you are right - they are still expensive for remover pads - we use them really for Sea Serum in the SpaPedicure range so it doesn't get on the hands!! Hope this helps ;)

Dear FN - the CreativeNailPlace website is a CONSUMER sight!!! Andy sells products at a consumer price as opposed to trade

As Mrs Geek points out we retail Creative Nail Design products at www.creativenailplace.com

However our nail art, books, magazines, jewellery etc is extremely competitive and available to the trade as we UK distributors for Artnails and the European Distributors for Jewel of the Nail. Also purchase over £25 worth of goods and your delivery is free :D

Andy
www.creativenailplace.com

Thanks for the information Mrs Geek ........ sorry I only noticed your reply to me today.
However I did fully understand the nature of Creative Nail Place hense my "but" about not being able to spot them in trade catalogues I use. Sadly, much as I would like to, I cannot use Creative Nail Design as a supplier, as I am still at college on my first course they told me on the phone I could not deal with them direct without any qualifications to my name. So the only access I have to Creative products at trade price are if they are listed by Ellisons in their catalogue.

Was a bit of a shame really as much of the "kit" we were issued with at college was somewhat "pants" & I had to replace a few bits & add much to it & really wanted to start with the best for my manicures & pedicures ....... ah well c'est la vie

Many thanks anyway ........ nice to know us new & uneducated in all the ins & outs are looked out for.

Floundering Newbie said:
So the only access I have to Creative products at trade price are if they are listed by Ellisons in their catalogue.
Even from Ellison's though you still can't buy L+P until you have passed your college course :!:

Many thanks anyway ........ nice to know us new & uneducated in all the ins & outs are looked out for.

You are welcome - that's what we are here for!! ;) :oops:

I`m a bit confused....... so what else is new I hear you all saying......
How do you take off the faze 2 without damaging any art underneath

Debs said:
I`m a bit confused....... so what else is new I hear you all saying......
How do you take off the faze 2 without damaging any art underneath

Simple - You wouldn't be able to. :shock: Faze 2 will keep teks arty nail designs fab whilst doing salon work ;) and clients nails will saty perfect until they are ready to have a different design!! Otherwise you would remove as normal but would have to loose the design! Don's forget that a clients could still paint a different colour over the top if she wanted to! :idea:

geeg said:
It is a hugely popular product and can be applied immediately to airbrushed colour or art to keep it perfect. You could even hide the nail art by painting enamel over the top of the Faze2, say for work, and remove the enamel at the weekend to reveal the nail art design perfect underneath.

I read the post completely wrong. Having re-read it, I now understand, apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back