How do you make it luxurious?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
What extras do you add to your treatments to make it so wonderful that you know your client will come back?

I have a heated pad on my bed for facials and massages - great for cold days I also have a big soft duvet on the bed to lay on. One of my massages is for an hour and a half which includes a little foot and hand exfoliation removed by heated mits, i place a lavender eye pillow on my clients eyes when massaging the front of the body and finish of with a mist of homemade aromafreshner spritzed above the clients body so it falls on them like a light mist.

I would love to hear your ideas for adding luxury to treatments.

sounds like you are doing alot already.

why not light some aroma candles in your treatment room as well, relaxing music as well. the look of the room can also makes it feel luxurious.

I will add more when I think of them.

any photos of your treatment room - sounds fab!

I'll take a picture on Monday and post it....would love some ideas to make facials more special..

When massaging I put a large, shallow wooden bowl of hot water under the breather hole. Into this I put some pebbles and special rose petals, (artificial) with essentail oil. As the client is laying with their face in the hole they get a waft of fragrence. My clients love it!

With my higest priced facial, it starts with a 20 min back massage. I do the massage then massage a treatment oil into the hair. This oil stays on the clients hair and they wash it off when they go home, or leave on overnight etc. Obviously they know in advance that they prob won't want to go shopping after!!!!:)

What extras do you add to your treatments to make it so wonderful that you know your client will come back?

Your Profile Name should be luxury enough, LOL:lol: . You would have me coming back for more. I think I'm going to change my profile name to
Mrs. La Clooney! Do you think it'll work? Mind you, I could throw George in for a real tast of luxury!:wink2:

That treatment sounds lovely and luxiourious enough. I am only training at the moment and cant really think of any other ideas.

Your treatments sound lovely.

I do either a hand or head massage during the mask phase and I have candles and light music in the background.

When massaging I put a large, shallow wooden bowl of hot water under the breather hole. Into this I put some pebbles and special rose petals, (artificial) with essentail oil. As the client is laying with their face in the hole they get a waft of fragrence. My clients love it!

With my higest priced facial, it starts with a 20 min back massage. I do the massage then massage a treatment oil into the hair. This oil stays on the clients hair and they wash it off when they go home, or leave on overnight etc. Obviously they know in advance that they prob won't want to go shopping after!!!!:)

I'm going to use these ideas..they sound so nice.....I have an hour & half massage tomorrow morning so i'm going to use the water under the breather hole idea......

Facials: I do a head massage during the exfoliating peel, a face and neck massage after ampule application and then the back of neck and shoulders massage during the mask. This way the client has massage throughout the whole facial and then both you and the client are never left just waiting for a product to work. :)

just thought of another that I may do.:idea: On my luxury pedicure, the client has a mud mask and heated boots. This is about 15 mins so doing a bit of indian head massage might go down well, what do you think?

That sounds lovely - I bought a great book spa treatments for massage therapists and its how it add the extra bits on to a treatment to make it fab.

They suggested that - a scalp massage during mask/foot soak. They also suggested after soaking their feet move the client to the bed for the rest of the pedi.

At Christmas I'm hoping to get a portable bed with a foot soak basin built in - it costs about $900 - have a look at the link - but I have to show that I'm making money before I can get it
Massage Essentials TherapyShopper.com Spa and Salon Tables: Versatility Table

I have a heated pad on my bed for facials and massages - great for cold days I also have a big soft duvet on the bed to lay on. One of my massages is for an hour and a half which includes a little foot and hand exfoliation removed by heated mits, i place a lavender eye pillow on my clients eyes when massaging the front of the body and finish of with a mist of homemade aromafreshner spritzed above the clients body so it falls on them like a light mist.

I would love to hear your ideas for adding luxury to treatments.
do you do house calls ,when can you fit me in :lol: , just what I need at the moment (adolesent boys :irked: !! )

hey also suggested after soaking their feet move the client to the bed for the rest of the pedi.

I do this it works really well as it is much more comfortable for both you and the client :)

All of our pedi's are done mainly on the couch,the only time they get off is when their feet go into the foot spa.

We have a heated wheatgerm/lavender pillow that goes under the feet for any relaxing treatment,we have scented candles,aroma sticks,soft music.low lighting,we have a fan light above the couch,which our clients love in the summer.It's a good one and makes no noise at all.

I also use the heated pillow to wrap around the clients back of the naeck or lower back before I do a massage as this prewarms the area before the massage,making it more effective,my clients love thes extra little touches.

We also have a quilt already on the couch as already said.This makes for more padding as lying on the couch for any length of time can be quite trying on the back.We just pull the sides over the client when it's cold and for facials etc.

When I went to the Sanctuary in London they had an electric blanket on the couch.It was lovely I have to say and an idea I would definately have in my salon when I buy.

When we give a glass of water to our clients,we put a slice of lemon in it to add a splash of flavour and de-tox.This is another big hit with our clients.

There are some brilliant ideas on here!

I work for a beauty salon and our aim in our treatments is to relax and do a high quality treatment. We dont do anything like that! I know If I do eventually own a salon myself I am going to include some of these luxuries. Wow! I love the bowel under the couch idea.

Something I do when I throw parties is actually put small slices of lemon and lime in my ice cubes. That would be a nice touch of colour in a glass of water for a client. I might suggest this to my boss!

Oh - I like the ice cube idea - very nice.....

Latest posts

Back